banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Now this is cool.. TC Electronics Mimiq Doubler..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Now this is cool.. TC Electronics Mimiq Doubler..

For a live double/triple/quadruple tracked sound.. (or for recording...if you're lazy )

As the only guitar player in my band..I can see this being a hell of a useful gizmo to have onstage..
    "Less is less, more is more...how can less be more?" ~Yngwie J Malmsteen

I did it my way ~ Frank Sinatra

Originally posted by Rodney Gene
    If you let your tone speak for itself you'll find alot less people join the conversation.

Youtube

Re: Now this is cool.. TC Electronics Mimiq Doubler..

I want it.

Comment

Aimed at metal players, I am guessing. The technology would be good for live singing, too, I'd guess.
      Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

TC did another demo of a guy playing blues with it, and it worked. I'd imagine rolling the tight all the way up would sound cool for that.

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
          Aimed at metal players, I am guessing. The technology would be good for live singing, too, I'd guess.
          Their sister company TC Helicon has a ton of vocal products with features like that. Extremely useful in a live setting, especially if you don't have guys capable of doing harmonies well.

Comment

Sweet!
            When I run my rack,my "main" Heavy sound has a bit of de-tune/offset harmonizer to it...

Looks/sounds promising!!!
            "Scalloped & Stickered"
            A Colled One & A Rold One!!!

RIP My Beloved Sleepy Flower

https://forum.seymourduncan.com/show...t-67-Of-Myself

Comment

That's killer! I'm down.
              -Mike-

Originally posted by rhymes with metalchurch79
              I take peoples advice after i do some quick math to determine if the lie detector test determines they are full of sh**. Take their post count x 5minutes per post = how much time they didnt spend playing or working on their guitars. The Pros will be spotted right away.

Comment

This is a very cool premise and definitely better than the previous solutions. However, I can still hear very minor, non-mono-compatible phase discrepancies which while nowhere as bad as previous ADT technology, still isn't as good as a very tight guitar player double tracking themselves by studio standards and live, you want as coherent a signal as possible. I can see this leading to some loss of definition factoring in volume, venue acoustics and the fact that most sound guys mix in mono so nobody on either stage side misses anything which would negatively affect your sound well before anyone notices that it sounds kinda like it's studio double tracked.

Running a guitar track for pro-shot audio of your band if you're the sole guitar player so you can keep your performance authentic to what was actually played and not have to overdub a second track in the studio, but still get that studio-doubled sound is another story and this would be perfect for that.
                The opinions expressed above do not necessarily represent those of the poster and are to be considered suspect at best.

Lead guitarist and vocalist of...

Keep up to date on our Facebook

Comment

Originally posted by chadd View Post
                  Their sister company TC Helicon has a ton of vocal products with features like that. Extremely useful in a live setting, especially if you don't have guys capable of doing harmonies well.
                  Yeah I would use it more for John Lennon-like ADT effects. I am not a fan of auto-generated harmonies, but many like them.
                  Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

A presence control would be a cool feature to add to that pedal. Basically it would control the center frequency for the doubled part, so you could get a slightly darker or brighter tone for your doubled signal. As it is now it sounds like it really emphasizes the treble frequencies.

Comment

Awesome! I'm starting saving money

Comment

Working...
                      X