Trower Fuzz

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trower Fuzz

Robin Trower had some really nice lead tones when he was in Procol Harum. What kind of fuzz did he use back then?
    "Completely Conceded Glowing Expert."
    "And Blueman, I am pretty sure you've pissed off a lot of people."
    "Wait, I know! Blueman and Lew can arm wrestle, and the winner gets to decide if 250K pots sound good or not."

Re: Trower Fuzz

I *think* it was a Fuzz Face. Someone will fact check me on that, though.

Comment

I'm pretty sure it was a fuzz face too- PH through the 1970s
      I'm an internet person. All we do is waste time evaluating things that have next-to-zero real world significance.

Remember, it's just a plank of wood. YOU have to find the music in it - The Telecaster Handbook

Comment

He was playing Gibsons in his Procol Harum days. Do they do as well with Fuzz Faces as Fenders do?
        "Completely Conceded Glowing Expert."
        "And Blueman, I am pretty sure you've pissed off a lot of people."
        "Wait, I know! Blueman and Lew can arm wrestle, and the winner gets to decide if 250K pots sound good or not."

Comment

with paf type pups a ff can work pretty well. i use my keeley ff with paf type pups frequently and i like it a lot

Comment

He's one of those players who makes everything sound amazing no matter what.

IME, a fuzz face is a better match with strats...that said...It depends on amp, pickups, speakers and dood in question.
            I'm an internet person. All we do is waste time evaluating things that have next-to-zero real world significance.

Remember, it's just a plank of wood. YOU have to find the music in it - The Telecaster Handbook

Comment

ive found that the germanium ff that ive tried work much better with vintage style fender single coils but silicon ff seem to work ok with paf type pups like the seth or pg. not suggesting they dont work better with a strat but that they can also work well with a sg

Comment

The Bonamassa Fuzz Face is tuned for humbuckers, if you want to try a current production variation.

I agree though, he's used a ton of things and always sounds great. He's got a lot of Fulltone stuff now.
                Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

Working...
                X