No announcement yet.

Bogner Burnley vs Friedman Be-Od..... ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bogner Burnley vs Friedman Be-Od..... ?

Hello,

i have already jhs AT in my pedalboard and i would like to buy another good distortion too.

So i am between bogner and friedman

in any case i would like something different from AT for having more sound options

can you help me ?

thanx in advance

Re: Bogner Burnley vs Friedman Be-Od..... ?

Going by the demos, I hear the Friedman as having more pronounced upper mids. The Bogner, on the other hand, has fuller low mids. I think it really just depends on your rig, and more importantly, your ears. One person may hear the Friedman as thin, while another hears the Bogner as dull.

Comment

Honestly, I think that the Friedman BE-OD and the Bogner La Grange is a more apples to apples comparison. I demo'd the La Grange for a week or two at home, and I own the BE-OD. Both are killer pedals. I wouldn't mind picking-up a La Grange. And even another XTC Red pedal (which would be my third).
      "Always remember... all you do in life, comes back to you" - Roy Kahn, formerly of Kamelot, during the intro to "Karma" on their One Cold Winter's Night DVD

http://www.soundcloud.com/jwflamenco

Comment

Thanx! What about burnley compared to jhs angry charlie ( which i already have ) ?

Comment

Bogner Red, Blue, La Grange or BE-OD.

The Bogner Transformer series are too dark.

Now it's been a long time since I tried out the Burnley, but the AT is definitely more versatile, and can be dialed in to sound from thin and biting to thick and smooth. The Burnley can only do thick and smooth with some bite on top.

Sent from my EVA-L19 using Tapatalk
          Last edited by Archer250; 09-28-2016, 05:23 PM.
          Originally posted by Myaccount876
          Attenuators are for pussies. Neighbors calling the cops isn't a problem - if the cops can actually still decipher the neighbor's complaint on the phone with the Marshall in the background, you're doing it wrong and it needs to be louder.

Comment

thnx ! So.....i did order BE-OD....hope i will not regret it

Comment

Have a Burnley but haven't compared it with the others on the list. I really like it but Archer is right, it's warm, thick and smooth and not very versatile. But it does what it does really well.

Comment

Working...
              X