banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Was blessed/Got lucky/Dodged a huge bullet yest..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Was blessed/Got lucky/Dodged a huge bullet yest..

Depending on your views of things... The last couple years have been tough (my daughter and other fam things) and rarely do I get lucky. We adopted another dog a couple of weeks ago from an abusive home..(Pug) Anyhow, yest I took Wally to the vet for a checkup and shots and all.. $400 .. ouch!!
    Anyhow, he sheds really bad so I took the sheet I have covering my amp in the garage to lay down in the seat. To get the sheet off, I set my main pedal board on the garage floor. (normally sets on top of the amp when not in use). Well, it was raining yesterday and was pouring like crazy when I got home. I usually park my car in the drive and Mrs puts her truck in the garage. Well, since it was pouring, I decided to pull my car into the garage to get the dog out, etc. He was climbing around the car, and visibility was bad AND so is my memory.. So.... Pulled into the garage and felt myself driving over a bump.. Got a SUPER SICK feeling, but still wasnt sure what it was. Got Wally out and into the house and walked around... My front tire of my rain soaked car, was sitting on top of my pedal board.. I about puked...So, had to pull the car up a few inches more to get the board out..Pulled it out and dried it off. No visible damage..Plugged it up and everything seems to work.... I was just speechless. I still cant believe it that it seems to be working...
    Believe me when I say that some of the most amazing music in history was made on equipment that's not as good as what you own right now.

Jol Dantzig

Re: Was blessed/Got lucky/Dodged a huge bullet yest..

Well, they are meant to be stomped on. You should see if any of the companies that made them want to pay you for a testimonial 😄

Sent from my MotoE2(4G-LTE) using Tapatalk

Comment

At least it wasn't the dog!

Comment

Well crap.... Looks like I spoke too soon. Worked yest when I first tried it. Now the bottom row isnt working. No broken knobs or anything. They all light up when stepped on. All connections are secure. But.. dont get any sound using that row unless I turn on the OCD or green rhino. Then I get alittle volume. I can hear the Cantrell wah sweep. but again, no big volume.. Well readdress cables and such tomm when I have more time.. The Cantrell wah has some scuffs on the top, and Im amazed it works at all.. I sure hope I can figure it out.. Cant afford to replace any pedals right now.. I just had it dialed in...
        Believe me when I say that some of the most amazing music in history was made on equipment that's not as good as what you own right now.

Jol Dantzig

Comment

If it was working right after you did it, I would look for cables, signal and power. You may have made an intermittent connection somewhere. Hopefully that's all it is, better to replace a cable than a pedal!

And yes, I had the same thought as I was reading as Jeremy, and putting that together with the title, I was thinking, wow, he didn't like that dog...

Comment

Maybe trying pulling the all the pedals off, and try then between the guitar and amp one at a time to find out which one(s) is broke. It might be simple as a patch cable or input/output jack having a broken/loose connection.

Comment

Thanks.. Yeah, thats what I figured on doing (hopefully can make time before work today). Figured Ill isolate each pedal and patch cord, Try to find the broken link..

And no fellas... I'm pretty fond of both my dogs.. They are the children of the house now.. Just laying out the scene of how it happened, as I normally dont: A)set my board on the floor unless Im going to use it, and B) Dont usually pull my car into the garage... I just felt pretty stupid having done that, but was distracted by the dog trying to get in my lap, the pouring rain, the ton of money I just spent.... haha

Jol Dantzig

Comment

Originally posted by jeremy View Post
                At least it wasn't the dog!
                Yes, I can attest to the pain that is still causing me.

www.CelticAmplifiers.com

"You can't save everybody, everybody don't wanna be saved."

Comment

Likely it's only one pedal in the chain that is damaged.

www.CelticAmplifiers.com

"You can't save everybody, everybody don't wanna be saved."

Comment

Yikes...

Hope it all works out,BR!

If it doesn't kill it,it just makes it stronger!
                    "Scalloped & Stickered"
                    A Colled One & A Rold One!!!

RIP My Beloved Sleepy Flower

https://forum.seymourduncan.com/show...t-67-Of-Myself

Comment

Oh man that sucks, good luck! Hope it's one pedal that just needs a new jack or something.
                      Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

I didn't doubt your love for the dogs BR! My 2 cats are my kids! It was just what went through my mind reading the title and the first part of your post, but my mind works weird, I didn't think for a minute you would be posting in the pedal room if something had actually happened to the dog!

Let us know what you figure out!

Comment

Comment

As others have said, I would try one pedal at a time with batteries. My guess is that it may be the wah, the switch on my Teese Wizard was a nightmare until I swapped it out. Good luck, great to hear that you saved another dog. I like pugs, one of the few dogs I can walk down the road with and at least think that I'm the better looking one!

Comment

Originally posted by devastone View Post
                              I didn't doubt your love for the dogs BR! My 2 cats are my kids! It was just what went through my mind reading the title and the first part of your post, but my mind works weird, I didn't think for a minute you would be posting in the pedal room if something had actually happened to the dog!

Let us know what you figure out!
                              Yeah bro!!! my wife treats the dogs MUCH better than me... Im pretty fond of them myself tho.. And the fur children def come first...

Artie, at work, so what you posted is blocked. Will try to ck from home tomm..
                              d1dsj, our first rescue is a whippet/jack russel mix. what a cool pooch!! Wally, the pug, is quite a character too tho...

Ok... STRANGE... First time I tested everything, it all worked ok.. Next time, there was a problem.. Today, I pulled each pedal and checked it. Then went down the chain adding one connection, then one pedal at a time... Everything worked. SO.... Next time I have time, Im going to run the whole chain again. Looks like the prob may either be a cord running from pedals to amp, OR the effects loop on my PV classic 30.

When testing each pedal, I even checked thru the various controls on each pedal. thanks for the tips thus far.. I rarely use the effects loop on that amp.. so maybe...

Jol Dantzig

Comment

Working...
                              X