Well crap... Pedal problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well crap... Pedal problem

GRRRRR.. Talk about messing with my head... Apparently my Cantrell WAH was affected the other day with the car incident.... I was playing today. New cables to avoid the cut out.. When using the wah.. works great .....for awhile.. kicks on, works like it should for awhile... Then after awhile of working fine it cuts out. Sound and function just fades except a tiny bleed through of sound coming thru the amp. I step on the pedal to turn it off.. regular sound comes thru.. kick pedal back on, works fine for awhile again.. thoughts?? I had a cable cutting out, but replaced that.. its def the pedal now
    Believe me when I say that some of the most amazing music in history was made on equipment that's not as good as what you own right now.

Jol Dantzig

Re: Well crap... Pedal problem

Damaged foot switch.
    sigpic

- http://www.soundclick.com/bands/defa...?bandID=804435 -
    - https://soundcloud.com/mr-ds-bigband/tracks -

Warning: May contain traces of NUTS

Comment

Guess Ill have to open it up.. can they be replaced?? Where would one get a switch?
      Believe me when I say that some of the most amazing music in history was made on equipment that's not as good as what you own right now.

Jol Dantzig

Comment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Check the input and output jacks. They may have been flexed by whatever cable was plugged in at the time.

Sent from my VK810 4G using Tapatalk
          Nope...

Comment

I agree on the I/O jacks as well. Those are board soldered ones, not standalone with leads, right? That could be challenging.
            Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

If you are running a power supply, also check the power cable going to it, it may have gotten damaged.

Comment

Power supply is good. I pulled the pedal off the board today, but no time to crack it open. I do notice that the pedal used to "stand up" as it hasnt been used much.. now, it drops to the deck. The switch still clicks with authority, so guessing the issue may be in the pot. yesterday started my 3 x12s for work, and wifey has Mon off, so prolly wont get to dive into it til Tues. So keep ideas coming

Jol Dantzig

Comment

chicken pot chicken pot chicken pot pie
                  EHD
                  Just here surfing Guitar Pron
                  RG2EX1 w/ SD hot-rodded pickups / RG4EXFM1 w/ Carvin S22j/b + FVN middle
                  SR500 / Martin 000CE-1/Epiphone Hummingbird
                  Epiphone Florentine with OEM Probuckers
                  Ehdwuld branded Blue semi hollow custom with JB/Jazz
                  Reptile Green Gibson Custom Studio / Aqua Dean Shire semi hollow with piezo
                  Carvin Belair / Laney GC80A Acoustic Amp (a gift from Guitar Player Mag)
                  GNX3000 (yea I'm a modeler)

Comment

Maybe apply contact cleaner to your switch and pot and plugs.
                    sigpic

- http://www.soundclick.com/bands/defa...?bandID=804435 -
                    - https://soundcloud.com/mr-ds-bigband/tracks -

Warning: May contain traces of NUTS

Comment

My guess would be a cap or resistor in the circuit itself. This is similar to a problem I had.

Sorry.

Bill
                      When you've had budget guitars for a number of years, you may find that your old instrument is holding you back. A quality guitar can inspire you to write great songs, improve your understanding of the Gdim chord while in the Lydian Mode, cure the heartbreak of cystic acne--and help you find true love in the process.

Comment

Originally posted by BloodRose View Post
                        Power supply is good. I pulled the pedal off the board today, but no time to crack it open. I do notice that the pedal used to "stand up" as it hasnt been used much.. now, it drops to the deck. The switch still clicks with authority, so guessing the issue may be in the pot. yesterday started my 3 x12s for work, and wifey has Mon off, so prolly wont get to dive into it til Tues. So keep ideas coming
                        Didn't even think of the pot, but if the shaft got spun past the stop then the guts of the pot are probably wrecked.
                        Nope...

Comment

Yeah, Im guessing must be that.. everything else looks to be ok by visual exam.. Except, as prev mentioned, the pedal easily drops, whereas since it has rarely been used, it normally used to sit high unless pressed down.. I think the most puzzling thing for me is that it plays for awhile before it acts up. Again, could be that its toast but takes some heat and friction to finish it. I guess Ill try to replace the pot.. if that doesnt do it, new pedal.. I must say, this does definately sell me on the road worthiness of this pedal..

Jol Dantzig

Comment

I don't think it is the switch. I would suspect the pots or the jacks. Maybe a loose wire some where that moves and cuts out when you are rocking the wah.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by BloodRose View Post
                              Yeah, Im guessing must be that.. everything else looks to be ok by visual exam.. Except, as prev mentioned, the pedal easily drops, whereas since it has rarely been used, it normally used to sit high unless pressed down.. I think the most puzzling thing for me is that it plays for awhile before it acts up. Again, could be that its toast but takes some heat and friction to finish it. I guess Ill try to replace the pot.. if that doesnt do it, new pedal.. I must say, this does definately sell me on the road worthiness of this pedal..
                              If you can't get it going I will buy it (for cheap)

I like fixing pedals

Comment

Working...
                              X