• NPD! And it's a Jet City...

Bought me an Afterburner!

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC01868.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	70.1 KB
ID:	5842960

And it's ****ing sweet.

Basically knocked all my overdrive pedals off the board (Keeley Blues Driver, Joyo US Dream and a Zvex 2-in-1 which is a boost really but who cares)
    It sounds sweeter than the Blues Driver which is always a bit too angry and dry which kills for downtuning, but not much else.

The tone knob has a very usable range, very flexible for bright/dark amps. It kills with both single coils and humbuckers.

The boost is excellent, though I'd like a bit of a volume boost as well, it's just pre-gain. But it's still very good, though noisy as hell.
    I think this is definitely based in a Tubescreamer template, with a few twists of its own. It feels super solid and dependable, too.

Try one if you have a chance!
    Last edited by Diego; 01-13-2017, 09:45 PM.
    Epiphone LP Standard PlusTop Pro
    Ibanez SZ320 / A8 DD103 bridge.
    Ibanez RG270 / Screamin' Demon bridge.

Egnater Tweaker 15 Head / Laney Cub 8 / 2x12 - Celestion V30+K100
    Line 6 M13 and plenty of stompboxes I rarely use!

Re: NPD! And it's a Jet City...

cool. the boost is probably just a clean boost in front of the overdrive so unless you have the drive set very low you probably wont get much of a volume boost. theres a bunch of pedals like that. glad you like the new toy!

Comment

I have a Jet City Flood delay that I got in a trade. I've been inside its insides and found it to be a well-built pedal.

Like.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Tra-la-laa, lala-la-laa!
      Rich Stevens

"I am using you; am I amusing you?" - Martha Johnson, What People Do For Fun

Comment

Originally posted by jeremy View Post
        cool. the boost is probably just a clean boost in front of the overdrive so unless you have the drive set very low you probably wont get much of a volume boost. theres a bunch of pedals like that. glad you like the new toy!
        It's exactly what you describe. Increase the OD and the boost goes nowhere. Set it low as I do and the boost is way stronger, so it's perceived a bit louder but really isn't, it's just compression.

Still, I'll happily take that over having an extra pedal in the chain! I went from 6 pedals to 4 with this one, taking 3 pedals off in one move. Crazy.

Comment

Originally posted by Rich_S View Post
          I have a Jet City Flood delay that I got in a trade. I've been inside its insides and found it to be a well-built pedal.

Like.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          I had my eye on that one in the shop as well.
          I've already got a basic analog delay pedal (EHX Memory Toy) and I tried it quickly and it sounded sweet, man.
          Can't really justify it but man I want one anyway. Really inexpensive as well.

Comment

The local shop I go to used to stock Jet City stuff, and I think they still have some of these pedals kicking around. I've dismissed them in the past, but it seems though they're worth a look. Thanks for the heads up, and congrats on the cool gear!

Comment

Off topic, but I remembe you mentioning here that you thought Avenged Sevenfold's new album was good, so I gave it a listen. I'm not a fan of them either, but wow, The Stage is just an excellent piece of music.

Comment

Originally posted by Lampy H View Post
                Off topic, but I remembe you mentioning here that you thought Avenged Sevenfold's new album was good, so I gave it a listen. I'm not a fan of them either, but wow, The Stage is just an excellent piece of music.
                I found it to be very same-y.

On topic: that pedal looks very cool. Perhaps I missed it, but can you engage the boost separately? I need another boost pedal like I need another hole in my head, but I am curious -- is this one transparent? Mid boost? Clean through signal?
                Why don't you take your little Cobra Kais and get outta here?!
                My collaborative PROGRESSIVE ROCK PROJECT, As Follows.

Comment

Originally posted by TwilightOdyssey View Post
                  I found it to be very same-y.

On topic: that pedal looks very cool. Perhaps I missed it, but can you engage the boost separately? I need another boost pedal like I need another hole in my head, but I am curious -- is this one transparent? Mid boost? Clean through signal?
                  It has a mid boost but it's far from honky or thin. Slight bass cut, not as much as my Blues Driver. So veeery TS9-like indeed.
                  It has a bit of clean through signal so in front of a clean amp it's just weird.
                  Definitely made for pushing a slightly driven amp.
                  Sadly, the boost isn't usable on its own. At least it does light up so you know it's preloaded.

Comment

Thanks!
                    Why don't you take your little Cobra Kais and get outta here?!
                    My collaborative PROGRESSIVE ROCK PROJECT, As Follows.

Comment

Working...
                    X