Leaving batteries in analog pedals as backup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Leaving batteries in analog pedals as backup

Thanks for all the feedback. Instead of leaving the batteries inside I'm going to go with the battery pack idea.

The Volto is about $129 but as a backup and to essentially finish a set, I think this $5 battery pack that I can connect to the daisy chain will do perfectly I'll let you know how it goes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Hank- View Post
      That vertex unit is expensive. The Volto was discontinued, unless its reintroduced lately. Sanyo Pedal Juice is an alternative. There must be more options out there now. But if ya looking for UPS capability then not really a readymade solution available that I know of.

I would suggest the trex fuel tank jr.(or its thomman clone). There are many others also.

I had made my own psu using 12 AA NimH cells, been there, done that. Only benefit was clean power but no isolation from ground loops, which wasn't an issue since i plug everything up front in the amp. Right now I have a Joyo jp04 on my board for power.
      Those area great options, thanks. Given that I have a couple of 24V pedals I don't think I can just rely on any of them though, still need to be plugged in. So I'm just looking for backup.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I like the battery pack idea. I know power supplies fail at the worst times (at a gig, yes, this has happened to me). But I have had the battery compartments ruined by leaking batteries in a hot car in the Florida summer. All it takes is a few hours in that car. Those battery packs are cheap, and in the coming years, rechargeable battery packs should go down in price.
        Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

I believe the old white Volto has been discontinued, however there's a newer black one.

http://www.pedaltrain.com/volto/

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it's a plan!

Comment

Working...
          X