No announcement yet.

Zoom MS-70 CDR Pedal, anyone use this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zoom MS-70 CDR Pedal, anyone use this?

This pedal does have lots of great effects, but programming custom effects settings and recalling them is a bit difficult, I get the impression this pedal was designed by a software developer, as the "user-friendly" aspect of this device is a little convoluted.... Anyone have one of these, and were you able to successfully modify and recall any of the settings?

Re: Zoom MS-70 CDR Pedal, anyone use this?

I don't have it but I've seen DIY projects for it to help a bit with functionality live, although those would void the warranty I suppose. If they had come out with a G4 that included all the new effects not present in the G3 & G5, then that would have great. They under utilized the USB function on these MS series by not allowing editing presets via pc editor.
    Last edited by Hank-; 01-17-2017, 11:40 PM.

Comment

I use it all the time. It works just like stompboxes. The setting of an effect can't be saved except into a patch. I think the purpose is to emulate chains of stompboxes.

Comment

Originally posted by Obsessive Compulsive View Post
        I use it all the time. It works just like stompboxes. The setting of an effect can't be saved except into a patch. I think the purpose is to emulate chains of stompboxes.
        That's what I surmised, I have saved 7 or so customized settings, but it wasn't as intuitive as I thought....

Comment

I have it too. I agree it is not the most intuitive interface but it saved me money and pedal board space for FX I don't use very often so I am ok with it. Set your patches then load them as A/B presets and it can work as a 2 presets multi FX you can change on the fly while playing. You can also load presets A/B/C/D.... but that would need you to plan really well how you want to switch them on the fly with one single foot switch. There are people on the internet who make custom "arduino based" midi controllers that can be used to make flexible switching on the 70-CDR, or if you already have a midi switcher I think you would only need a MIDI-USB converter.
          Who took my guitar?

Comment

The Auto Save feature makes the whole patch-creation process counter-intuitive. With Auto Save turned on, you create and save a patch first, but it really only consists of a name. After that, you add effects and set their parameters and whatever your last settings were get saved.

In most MFX, we're used to making changes first and saving last, but with the MS pedals, saving comes first.

I seldom use multiple effects at once, since I use the MS-50G to sub for several types of infrequently used pedals. Basically, I stay on the same patch all the time, containing a slapback delay, a tremolo, and a few others. I just use the left and right buttons to select which pedal I want the MS to be, then use use its stomp switch as I would any normal pedal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            Tra-la-laa, lala-la-laa!
            Rich Stevens

"I am using you; am I amusing you?" - Martha Johnson, What People Do For Fun

Comment

Working...
            X