overdrive pedals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: overdrive pedals

VFE ice-scream is my overall favorite (tried about 1% of those on the market lol) booster to front-end a high-gainer. (as long as I'm plugged-in with it)

It's kind of like an old Ibby super-tubescreamer mated with a VFE focus-boost.
    (adjustable pushed-mid-center and complete filtering control over the top and bottom, plus a standard active tone that has an internally adjustable corner-frequency)

For an ease-of-use portable I grab the OD9+ because it's tougher and more versatile than the 808, and a 9v swap takes all of about 5 seconds.
    And then there are times when I just swear by that old trusty od808!
    Last edited by dave74; 02-14-2017, 05:47 PM.

Comment

I have been using the Decibel 11 Dirt Clod for about a year now with great results. It has an analog path but digital switching, pretty cool. It is midi and allows you to have up to internal 10 presets. Or you can program it to have two presets (or 3 or 4) so you can have your favorite dirt tone and the second version of that might have a bit more output or distortion for a boost. The great thing is it gives you two distinct overdrive circuits so you can go ground to diode ala an MXR Dist +/DOD 250 or 808 chip and dial in the tube driver tones. I have used as a green box to goose the 800 settings on my Marshall or used it for my primary dirt when playing high gain. Very versatile and very nicely priced. The form factor is smaller than it looks in the picture.

Last edited by Securb; 02-14-2017, 07:01 PM.

Comment

strat - tubescreamer (or one of its many variants/clones). Can't lose.
        "Technique is really the elimination of the unneccessary ... it is a constant effort to avoid any personal impediment or obstacle to acheive the smooth flow of energy and intent"
        Yehudi Menuhin

Comment

Originally posted by Securb View Post
          I have been using the Decibel 11 Dirt Clod for about a year now with great results. It has an analog path but digital switching, pretty cool. It is midi and allows you to have up to internal 10 presets. Or you can program it to have two presets (or 3 or 4) so you can have your favorite dirt tone and the second version of that might have a bit more output or distortion for a boost. The great thing is it gives you two distinct overdrive circuits so you can go ground to diode ala an MXR Dist +/DOD 250 or 808 chip and dial in the tube driver tones. I have used as a green box to goose the 800 settings on my Marshall or used it for my primary dirt when playing high gain. Very versatile and very nicely priced. The form factor is smaller than it looks in the picture.

How could I not have seen that before?! Thanks for sharing it. Sounds like a great idea.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
          X