Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• overdrive pedals

hi,guys
    looking for top picks when it comes to overdrive pedals, i play a strat using three single coils, fender CS-69's neck/middle seymour duncan SSL5 bridge, my amp is a 70's hiwatt DR504/ 50 watt head that i run clean and use pedal for dirt, and my music style more blues rock, e.g. Gilmour/SRV/Clapton/ gun+roses/Billy Gibbons/Santana/Gary Moore/ what overdrive pedals would you guys recommend for me to try? i value what you guys say, price no problem

thanks again for your time,
    bluesfloyd,
    Last edited by bluesfloyd; 01-26-2017, 02:31 AM.

overdrive pedals

Originally posted by bluesfloyd View Post
    hi,guys
    looking for top picks when it comes to overdrive pedals, i play a strat and music style more blues rock, price no problem, what would you guys buy today, i value what you guys say,
    thanks again for your time,
    bluesfloyd,
    You're going to need to narrow it down to get anything useful from this. If not we'll all drop our favorite one.

I encourage you to say what amp you play and name a couple of songs/players you like for reference.

I'm going to assume you like SRV and recommend a Tubescreamer I bought an EHX East River I like recently but if you can pay it the Maxon OD9 would be my pick.

Given your name I would go to gilmourish.com and check the reviews of the pedals there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Blille; 01-25-2017, 01:37 PM.

Comment

Re: overdrive pedals

You need to define "blues rock" a bit more. That's a big playing field.
      Who are your favorite players?

Frank

Comment

timmy is a fantastic overdrive that can be set to sound very transparent. it can be used as a clean boost with the gain all the way down and with a pre-gain bass control and post gain treble control you can tune things nicely. if i could only have one dirt box this would be it.

Comment

EHX: Soul Food or East River Drive
          Wampler: Tumnus or Plexidrive
          BOSS: BD-2 Blues Driver

Comment

If your adventurous - https://damacleod.wordpress.com/2011...-pedal-goldie/
            This will give you the blues one way or another.

Comment

Fulltone: OCD and if money is no problem, the Robin Trower Overdrive which is the OCD on steroids.

I've had several overdrive pedals and the Fulltone R.T.O is by far my favorite.

Comment

Boss Blues Driver is great
                I have a Joyo Ultimate Drive that gets me what I want
                it may not be what you like
                EHD
                Just here surfing Guitar Pron
                RG2EX1 w/ SD hot-rodded pickups / RG4EXFM1 w/ Carvin S22j/b + FVN middle
                SR500 / Martin 000CE-1/Epiphone Hummingbird
                Epiphone Florentine with OEM Probuckers
                Ehdwuld branded Blue semi hollow custom with JB/Jazz
                Reptile Green Gibson Custom Studio / Aqua Dean Shire semi hollow with piezo
                Carvin Belair / Laney GC80A Acoustic Amp (a gift from Guitar Player Mag)
                GNX3000 (yea I'm a modeler)

Comment

As in an OD for a clean channel? Or mostly as a crunch channel booster?

Comment

Another vote for the soul food, sounds bluesy and can be set to be pretty transparent.

Throbak's - overdrive boost, for tone. I haven't heard it used for a transparent boost though.

Comment

Fulldrive 2 MOSFET; goes from transparent, to scooped, to mid-humped, to creamy... From subtle 'always on' to near metal. Just don't try to run it into a clean amp, use it as an actual *drive* into a good amp on the edge...
                      Originally posted by King Buzzo
                      I love when people come up to me and say “Your guitar sound was better on Stoner Witch, when you used a Les Paul. “...I used a Fender Mustang reissue on that, dumbass!

Comment

You can read about my favorites right here on this site:

805 Overdrive
                        Forza
                        Palladium
                        Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Analogman King of Tone, or a decent clone of one if the price tag or the waiting list is a turnoff.

Comment

Agree with the Boss Blues driver, it's a fantastic pedal. They made an even better version of it in the Wazacraft BD-2W which I own. It's a totally amazing pedal and nails so many classic tones it's amazing. Did I mention it's pretty damn amazing? Just go get one already.

Comment

Ibanez Tube Screamer Mini

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X