X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can two Line 6 M9's be synced? MIDI and other questions

Hi, Everybody!

I need some help with the following:

Just bought a Hughes & Kettner Grandmeister 40 Deluxe head, which can change all of its settings via MIDI.

Since I usually use quite a few effects, I'd like to know if its possible to link two M9's via MIDI, just for control. Here goes the MIDI chain, to see if both can be used to MIDI control the amp head:

1st M9 Midi Out===> 2nd M9 Midi In===>2nd M9 Midi Out===>Grandmeister 40 Deluxe Midi In

This way, if I want to select a new patch, will the 1st M9 change (by MIDI) the patch on the 2nd M9 and also change channels on the amp head? Or would I need a MIDI Thru box between the 1st M9 and the 2nd M9 / amp head?

Also the ideia is to have different effects routed differently on each M9, like this chain:

Guitar===>:1st M9 (Compressor / Drives / EQ)===> Amp IN===>Amp FX Loop Send===>2nd M9 (Modulation / Delay /Reverb===>Amp FX Loop Return

I use different effect in each type for different amp channel (For instance, a Blue Comp and a Fuzz on clean, with tremolo, analog delay and spring reverb in the amp loop, and changing amp channel, to have a Vetta Juice, a Screamer on High Gain amp channel, with flanger, digital delay and hall reverb in the amp loop).

So the ideia is to use MIDI to change presets on both M9's and on the amp at the same time. Is this doable?

Final question concerning the noise gate. Since the M9 has a global noise gate, do I have to program it spearately in each, of can the gate also be changed on the 2nd M9 via MIDI?

Hope tihs wasn't too confusing...
    Guitars:Gibson LP Trad ('57 Classics); Ibanez SEW761FM (TB-16/STK-S7 m&n); Charvel DK24 (TB10/SSL-6/A2Pn), DK22 (HRb/SSL-6 m&n), SoCal Style1 (Distortion set) & SoCal Style2 24 2PT (Fluence OCC); ESP LTD MH-1000HS (TB-14/Lil59n); Effects: Line 6 Helix Floor, Digitech Drop & FreqOut, ME EP-1L6,Shure GLXD16, Headrush MX5;

Re: Can two Line 6 M9's be synced? MIDI and other questions

It is possible. Just select a different midi channel in each device.

Comment

How does the M9 transmit MIDI data/PC? I couldn't find it in the manual. (Assuming you know how to program the M9 to transmit the messages you need, it should be easy to setup the second M9 and Head as different channels and do what you need)
      Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

The way the M9 MIDI Program Change values are mapped out are:

Scene

(for Folder #1)

1A: 0: 12

1B: 1; 13

2A: 2, 14

2B: 3, 15

3A: 4; 16

3B: 5; 17

(for Folder #2)

1A: 6; 19

and so on...
        Guitars:Gibson LP Trad ('57 Classics); Ibanez SEW761FM (TB-16/STK-S7 m&n); Charvel DK24 (TB10/SSL-6/A2Pn), DK22 (HRb/SSL-6 m&n), SoCal Style1 (Distortion set) & SoCal Style2 24 2PT (Fluence OCC); ESP LTD MH-1000HS (TB-14/Lil59n); Effects: Line 6 Helix Floor, Digitech Drop & FreqOut, ME EP-1L6,Shure GLXD16, Headrush MX5;

Comment

Working...
        X