NPD - MXR 10 band

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NPD - MXR 10 band

First eq pedal for me. $50 used at GC. Not a mark on it. No box or wart either.

I'll try in front and in the loop of my Orange. I also want to try it with my Beta Lead to add a little bottom.

Re: NPD - MXR 10 band

Great pedal. When I was still using tube amps and pedals, I always had it in the effects loop and I set the EQ knobs at 12 o'clock and used the 10 band as my EQ.
    Schecter ATX Blackjack C7 BKP Painkiller (B) and Abraxas (N)
    Hagstrom Hj800 Jazzbox stock pickups
    Fender Jazz Bass EMG MJ Set
    Music Man SUB Ray5 stock pickups
    Line 6 Helix
    Dunlop Strings and Picks

The opinions expressed above are my own and do not reflect normal levels of sanity.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny the Kid View Post
      Great pedal. When I was still using tube amps and pedals, I always had it in the effects loop and I set the EQ knobs at 12 o'clock and used the 10 band as my EQ.
      Haven't tried in a loop yet, but sounds great boosting a Big Muff into the SUNN. Thick-Fuzzy goodness.

Comment

Great deal, great pedal. I used one in the loop and it is glorious......

Comment

I run mine in FX loop of an Orange Dark Terror...With it, I can do anything!!! I like setting it up to mimic my channel 2 from the EVH 5150 III, run both amps in stereo and crank away. Makes channel 3 of the EVH stand up and shout , then go back to "2" channel 2's and slay rythm for days.
          Yeah, I HAVE to have the 10 band on at all times, just a killer pedal! Congrats
          Guitars:
          2019 PRS CE24, 2002 Carvin, 2010 Epiphone 335 dot, custom tele, 5 Peavey V Type's (DMZ SD/paf pro, JB/59, JB8/Jazz, EMG 57/66, and Full shred) Esp/Ltd (Invader set), Jackson DKMGT (EMG 81/85)
          Amps: Orange Dual Dark 100, Dark Terror, Micro Dark, CR120, EVH 5153 50w
          Cabs:Genz Benz G-Flex 2x12, EVH 4x12/2x12, Geezer 2x12 with v30's

Comment

NPD - MXR 10 band

Got one of these to put on my board a month ago and just changing the LEDs because some of them are dead but pedal works great, My first EQ too.
            I scoop the mids on mine in conjunction with a boss hm-2 to get really lo fi fuzzy noise reminiscent of Norwegian black metal

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            Last edited by 6stringerguy; 02-05-2017, 02:39 PM.
            Guitars:
            Daemoness Atlantean (unknown Bareknuckles) D
            PRS SE Mark Holcomb (Alpha/Omega set) Drop C
            ESP LTD EC-1000 FR (EMG Het Set) D
            Jackson USA WR1 Absinthe Frost (EMG 81/85) D
            Ibanez MMM1 (Blackouts) Drop A
            Ibanez RGIT20FE-SBF (Loomis Blackout Neck/Mick Thomson Blackout Bridge) Drop C
            Ibanez SZ320 (ibanez/duncan pickups) Drop D
            Schecter Synyster Gates Custom (Invaders set) D
            Aristides 060 (Bareknuckle Aristides Customs) D

Comment

Spent a little time with this pedal finally. Had to get an 18v wart. Loving it through my Orange's loop. I have a 2x12 that always sounded a little boxy. Now with a touch of this and dip of that.....oh, so juicy and harmonic. Its a keeper.

Comment

such a great tone shaping tool to have in your arsenal

Comment

I'm interested in getting one of these as well... I just recently picked up a great Vox AC30C2 I love this amp. I really love the clean channel on this amp. I was reading that some people say using a EQ is a must. They were saying it helps you have a bit more control over the overdrive and also possibly with the brightness of these amps. I love the way the amp sounds as is but I was thinking of giving this a shot. This 10 band MXR eq caught my eye.

Comment

Fantastic deal! I bought mine used on eBay several years ago and I think I paid at least $90 for it.

Running an EQ in the effects loop is definitely the way to go. Nice steal, have fun w/ it!

Comment

I love mine.

Remember when the two young hikers were told "Stay on the Moors" in American Werewolf in London (because something very bad can happen elsewhere)? Well, my advice to you to to stay mostly OFF the uppermost bands unless you want soul-draining hiss. Adjust the highs with your amp.
                      Mesa/Boogie MkIII+ & MkIVb + Mark Series Stack
                      Marshall JVM410H
                      Charvel 650 Custom-EMG 85/SLV/SLV+SPC
                      Charvel San Dimas I Koa USA BKP + Style 1 2H - JB/'59, Jackson Soloist Pro MIJ
                      ESP Eclipse II EMG 81/60 + Viper Urban Camo + JH-600 SPC (2)
                      Carvin DC400CA + DC127T Koa - DD/'59
                      Fender Custom Yngwie Strat - Seafoam Green w/rosewood, Fender Yngwie Strat - Sonic Blue w/maple, Fender Telecaster
                      Charvel 475 Deluxe + 475 Exotic PATB set
                      Ibanez UV7BK, B.C. Rich Eagle - Evo2/Air Norton

Comment

Absolutely essential to have an EQ pedal in the loop for me. Great choice you did there.
                        Epiphone LP Standard PlusTop Pro
                        Ibanez SZ320 / A8 DD103 bridge.
                        Ibanez RG270 / Screamin' Demon bridge.

Egnater Tweaker 15 Head / Laney Cub 8 / 2x12 - Celestion V30+K100
                        Line 6 M13 and plenty of stompboxes I rarely use!

Comment

What's the deal with the new white one?
                          Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

I've had mine for over 10 years now. Still going strong. It's a great EQ.
                            The opinions expressed above do not necessarily represent those of the poster and are to be considered suspect at best.

Lead guitarist and vocalist of...

Keep up to date on our Facebook

Comment

Working...
                            X