Newbie to reverb and delay?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newbie to reverb and delay?

Have always ran guitar and amp dry...Always!!
    Just bought a TC Hall of Fame and a Boss dd7. What's a good setting for both, so they compliment each other. Play under drive mostly. Right now I have the delay first, reverb second, with both in effects loop.
    Appreciated
    Guitars:
    2019 PRS CE24, 2002 Carvin, 2010 Epiphone 335 dot, custom tele, 5 Peavey V Type's (DMZ SD/paf pro, JB/59, JB8/Jazz, EMG 57/66, and Full shred) Esp/Ltd (Invader set), Jackson DKMGT (EMG 81/85)
    Amps: Orange Dual Dark 100, Dark Terror, Micro Dark, CR120, EVH 5153 50w
    Cabs:Genz Benz G-Flex 2x12, EVH 4x12/2x12, Geezer 2x12 with v30's

Newbie to reverb and delay?

This should be helpful and keep you busy and entertained.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Re: Newbie to reverb and delay?

I prefer Delay before Reverb, and rarely run both at once, usually because I prefer to use Delay as Reverb - setting for many repeats, but a low volume, and about 300ms Delay Time.
      For the Reverb unit itself, and this depends totally on the capabilities of the unit in question, I set it for "Reverse" Reverb by turning the Early Diffusion way down so you don't hear the sound immediately, and the PreDelay way up so you hear it "rush in". The Output of the Reverb is then set to match the incoming signal so there's no change when turning it on or off.

But like I said, it depends on what the unit itself can do. I use rack stuff mostly, so it has features most pedals might not. Then again, having not kept up with pedals over the years, what do I know?
      Originally posted by Brown Note
      I'm soooooo jealous about the WR-1. It's the perfect guitar; fantastic to play, balances well even when seated and *great* reach for the upper frets. The sound is bright tight and very articulate. In summary it could only be more awesome if it had b00bs and was on fire!
      My Blog

Comment

Working...
      X