Pickup Booster noise

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pickup Booster noise

I've had my Pickup Booster for a little over a year now, and just a few days ago I plug in and I hear what sounds like some weird interference. I did some investigation and I realized that it decreased somewhat ehen touching the strings. It's only present when the pickup booster is on, so could it be a short in the pedal?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Re: Pickup Booster noise

Are you using a power supply? Is it a grounded one? I had a buzz issue in my condo with all my pedals until I flipped the plug.
    Last edited by Silence Kid; 02-02-2017, 11:38 PM.
    Originally posted by King Buzzo
    I love when people come up to me and say “Your guitar sound was better on Stoner Witch, when you used a Les Paul. “...I used a Fender Mustang reissue on that, dumbass!

Comment

Have you tried it in a different location? It sounds like a ground issue. Take it to a friend's house or even a different room. Mine is silent, so your's should be, too. Try with a battery, too.
      Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
        Have you tried it in a different location? It sounds like a ground issue. Take it to a friend's house or even a different room. Mine is silent, so your's should be, too. Try with a battery, too.
        I've had it in my room for a while. Using a battery was completely silent also, so it's probably something small like flipping the plug.

Comment

Ahh, make sure the adapter is giving the right power, too.
          Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
            Ahh, make sure the adapter is giving the right power, too.
            I flipped it and it's a definite improvement, thanks for the advice!

Comment

Glad it worked. That's why a lot of old amps had a polarity switch with two-prong power sockets.
              Originally posted by King Buzzo
              I love when people come up to me and say “Your guitar sound was better on Stoner Witch, when you used a Les Paul. “...I used a Fender Mustang reissue on that, dumbass!

Comment

Working...
              X