Has Anyone Ever Tried This?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Has Anyone Ever Tried This?

Insulate it with cigarettes or filters that come in the cigarette shaped stick packs! Maybe bend some tin in a press to slip into the box to mount the jacks.
    The opinions expressed above do not necessarily represent those of the poster and are to be considered suspect at best.

Lead guitarist and vocalist of...

Keep up to date on our Facebook

Comment

Originally posted by dystrust View Post
      Brian May has a Range Master hanging from his guitar strap because it won't play nice with the low impedance output from his wireless unit.
      I didn't know that! Interesting... and makes total sense.
      Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

Originally posted by BriGuy1968 View Post
        For anyone who's interested, I made the trial version today. Didn't have a proper box to put it in and was kinda stuck at home so I improvised...

Guess what? It WORKS!!! [emoji41]

Now I just have to find a more rugged box and a belt clip for it. I kinda like the cigarette pack, but it's far too fragile. Unless, of course, I can figure out a way to toughen it up! Hmmmm... [emoji848]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        Cigar Box Guitars and now Cigarette Packet Pedals. This is Evolution..
        sigpic

- http://www.soundclick.com/bands/defa...?bandID=804435 -
        - https://soundcloud.com/mr-ds-bigband/tracks -

Warning: May contain traces of NUTS

Comment

In the mid 70's I used to use an Electro Harmonix LPB-1 plugged directly into the guitar, and was able to switch it on or off as needed, I wouldn't have it plugged into the guitar all the time, only for specific songs where I needed it. It has to be the vintage kind with the plug built in (duh)....like this one:
          *******Please check out some of my songs:
          https://www.soundclick.com/bands3/de...bandid=1430296

Comment

Originally posted by jtees4 View Post
            In the mid 70's I used to use an Electro Harmonix LPB-1 plugged directly into the guitar, and was able to switch it on or off as needed, I wouldn't have it plugged into the guitar all the time, only for specific songs where I needed it. It has to be the vintage kind with the plug built in (duh)....like this one:
            http://www.studio1525.com/store/inde...oducts_id=1483
            Very cool and very similar. Mine will use a short cable to get to the guitar and attach to your belt/pocket... then just switch it on or off (true bypass of course).

Originally posted by The Commodores?
            "Chicken Brown Chicken Brown Cow"

Comment

Second attempt. I had a piece of metal hanging around which I bent to fit inside the cigarette pack, reinforced the sides and top with some cut pieces of vinyl floor tile, and wrapped the whole thing well with packing tape. It's much sturdier now than the first time. In the interest of keeping things strange, I used a pressure control knob from a used paint sprayer for the gain control.

I'm calling this one "The Smoking Pressure Cooker."

All that being said, it works great but I can tell that it'll fall apart after a half-dozen gigs... so I ordered a small project box with a battery compartment door. It won't have as much aesthetic personality, but I think it'll end up being a more permanent answer.

Comment

They won't let you on a plane with that.
                Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Okay... finished product!

The project box I ordered came in today so I decided to dig in tonight. I opted for a change of layout too after playing around with the cigarette box version. The input and output are now on the top of the unit, to match up with my wireless transmitter. On the first version I kept bumping the gain control as I reached for the switch, so I reversed those... gain on the face and switch on the side now. I like the big ugly sprayer knob, but I'm gonna try to find something smaller. The shaft is just a little too big for a standard guitar knob, so I'll have to hunt a little bit down at the hardware store.

Oh yeah, the belt clip itself came off of one of my tape measures... after all, who actually puts one of those on their belt anyway?! [emoji12]

So here it is!

Comment

Well, that ought to last a little longer! Let us know how this works live.
                    Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Working...
                    X