Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Specific order: compressor for boost/sustain

Hello,
    I need to know with out hours of back and forth, so someone might be able to just tell me.
    From guitar>tuner>Sparkle drive always on for rhythm/grit>J.Rocket Dude for Humbucker leads>J.Rocket Archer For S.Coil leads>TCElect. Hall of fame verb>DD3 or 5 echo>HotRodDeluxe.
    Where would be the best place for a compressor to use sometimes when I need a lot of sustain. Only used for solo's?
    Thank you,
    Steve Buffington

Specific order: compressor for boost/sustain

For that purpose, I would put the compressor between the Archer and Hall Of Fame, set with a slow attack and long sustain/release.

Edit: though I still expect there to be "hours of back and forth", it being a discussion forum, and all...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Re: Specific order: compressor for boost/sustain

Originally posted by VinceT View Post
      For that purpose, I would put the compressor between the Archer and Hall Of Fame, set with a slow attack and long sustain/release.

Edit: though I still expect there to be "hours of back and forth", it being a discussion forum, and all...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
      That's as good a place as any to start, but I suspect you will have to try it in many different positions to see how it works for you, regardless of what anyone says here.
      Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

I agree, just be warned running it after the dirt boxes will be really noisy when you aren't playing since it will will be bumping up the noise level too.

Comment

Is the best way to put the main one you use all the time in the last position, going to the one you use least in the first position? Or maybe you do have to think how each circuit affects those after it and go from there? Just curious...
          JBGenthner

Comment

To all-
            Thanks,
            JBGenthner - my mind cannot think so good any more. I ask this as I finally have a big gig coming up. It would only be on during 2-3 solos over an hour. So I think I will go with
            your recommendation of after the Dude and Archer. Makes sense to me when viewed that way. I grew up with no way of looking out for noise,so I learned the hard way the art of
            the fast shut down between songs, flip to a pickup that is off and a few ballet jumps and taps on the pedals and boom. no noise.
            Thanks guys
            Steve

Comment

Working...
            X