Factory Reset Roland GP-8 via PC/MAC?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Factory Reset Roland GP-8 via PC/MAC?

Anybody try this yet? I got the midi file and have tried it with both PC and Mac(Garageband) and have had no luck. I'm thinking maybe the computers are too new for this type of Midi feat. Anyone have any insight?

Re: Factory Reset Roland GP-8 via PC/MAC?

I think it has a battery inside. I wonder if you took it out and put it back in if it would revert to factory settings.
    Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
      I think it has a battery inside. I wonder if you took it out and put it back in if it would revert to factory settings.

I heard that it won't here: http://www.axecentral.com/roland-gp-...-10040410.html

I am doing these things, but nothing is happening...on either Mac or PC. Wondering if the computers/Midi Players are too new for this old file.

Comment

This should be a standard sysex file (I use midi ox) that reloads the factory settings. Midi is midi, so if it is receiving on the right channel, it should work. I've done this with older gear and modern computers.

Comment

This should be a standard sysex file (I use midi ox) that reloads the factory settings. Midi is midi, so if it is receiving on the right channel, it should work. I've done this with older gear and modern computers.

Ok thank you!!

Comment

So do you think Windows Media Player can do this? Thanks.

Comment

Download midi ox, or SendSX, and it will send the file. I have never used WMP for this...it might work, but I have never used it. Make sure it is sending on the same channel the GP-8 is receiving on.

Comment

Download midi ox, or SendSX, and it will send the file. I have never used WMP for this...it might work, but I have never used it. Make sure it is sending on the same channel the GP-8 is receiving on.
                Great! Thank you.

Comment

Ughhh...I can't get anything to happen. The only thing I see is when I send MIDI, the light on my cable flickers. The GP-8 does nothing. You know of anywhere I can read more about this? MIDIOX won't even open the file. Send SX opens it, sends it, the light on the cable flickers...GP_8 = Zero. Any resources you know of? Thanks.

Comment

If the light is flickering, it is being sent. Make sure the GP-8 is in omni mode.

Comment

If the light is flickering, it is being sent. Make sure the GP-8 is in omni mode.
                      Omni is on, but "Bulk Dump" has three options: "OFF, ALL and CURRENT"

I suppose the MIDI port could be shot. Unit looks in great condition, though. In is plugged into Out and Out is plugged into In, everything looks good. Weird. Thanks for the help.

Comment

pg 26 - 27
                        TOUQUE ROCK...EH???? I AM CANADIAN

Comment

Originally posted by Kamanda~SD View Post

Thanks for that. There must be something going on because I am doing everything right. I have another GP-8, I will try it on that one too.

Comment

Ok...now I know that it's ME that's doing something wrong. I am on my other GP-8 with my Mac and Sysex Librarian and I am getting the exact same results. The cable lights up and flickers when the MIDI file is played, but the GP-8 does nothing. :-( Super frustrated.

Comment

I would try and see if you can send a program change (a very simple midi message) to the GP-8 from your computer or another controller. It will let you know if the Midi In is working.

Comment

Working...
                              X