NPD x 3 this week

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NPD x 3 this week

Today I picked up a Visual Sound H2O V3 and a couple of days ago I nabbed a used TC Electronics Dreamscape and a Metal Zone (gasp!)

Love the sound of the Chorus and delay of the H2O. It's a very different beast from the V2. I'm going to need some time to familiarize myself with it.

Haven't really gotten much chance to use the Dreamscape yet but I've had a TC Electronics Corona chorus for a while and they are quite similar.

I'm planning to see if I can make better sounds with the metal zone than I managed 25 years ago. So far that quest hasn't been promising. Time will tell. Worst case, it's trading fodder for the next big gear purchase.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	104.1 KB
ID:	5843232

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	90.2 KB
ID:	5843233

Re: NPD x 3 this week

There's a lot of hype on another fb page for that metal zone. I always love to see them floating around. Let us know your thoughts on that dreamscape. I've always had gas for one.

Comment

Re: NPD x 3 this week

So far, not liking the Metal Zone as much as when I was a teenager... Need more time to sit with it and fiddle though.

Really digging the Dreamscape because its stock configuration gives two distinct chorus, flanger and vibrato voicings. I'm noticing nearly all the toneprints available for the corona chorus are there for this too. Haven't had much time to play with it yet either.

I've spent a fair amount of time this weekend with the H2O and really think it's quite amazing. Very versatile chorus and the delay just has this real nice breakup as the repeats cycle through. Very warm and organic sounding.

Comment

Working...
      X