Synth9 from EHX: too eighties?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Synth9 from EHX: too eighties?

New pedal from EHX. I love the eighties and EHX but it feels a bit limited to that? Maybe it's the demo that focused on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: Synth9 from EHX: too eighties?

Well most prolific synths are known from that period. Plus, go listen to some synthwave, these types of sounds are just as popular now in certain circles. As a final note, I can see a huge portion of these sold to guys in cover bands.
    TOUQUE ROCK...EH???? I AM CANADIAN

Comment

Originally posted by Kamanda~SD View Post
      Well most prolific synths are known from that period. Plus, go listen to some synthwave, these types of sounds are just as popular now in certain circles. As a final note, I can see a huge portion of these sold to guys in cover bands.
      I can totally see the cover band angle.

And thanks, I didn't know synthwave survived the 80s

Comment

I would think they wanted to stick to sounds and songs guitarists would actually know. Current synth sounds are a lot more complex, and the people buying this are generally not hip to the moving-target of contemporary synth sounds. I thought it actually sounded cool, but I can't imagine what I would use it for, even if I've been transcribing Genesis keyboard solos on guitar lately. I just use a normal guitar sound for that.
        Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

I've been waiting for them to do this, I really want to get my hands on one.

Comment

Thanks for posting this! Everyone and their brother knew the Synth9 was coming, especially after the Mel9, right?

I think Bill Rupert just messes with the raw HOG synth engines and processors until he comes up with a sound he likes, then when they have enough organ, keyboard or synth sounds they release it in a hard coded box.
            Last edited by PFDarkside; 02-21-2017, 11:25 AM.
            Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

The sounds are 'good' ... the Mel9 sounds much more like the original it is inspired from than this unit. I guess part of that is the fact that Mellotron's are not very configurable on their own, but if you are a synth enthusiast, the Synth9 doesn't give you much in the way of options unless you are replicated one specific sound.
              Why don't you take your little Cobra Kais and get outta here?!
              My collaborative PROGRESSIVE ROCK PROJECT, As Follows.

Comment

As someone who's never touched a synth but loves the tones from them, I think this pedal is perfect for me. I would be much happier with making the instrument I'm already familiar with sound somewhat close to another instrument.

Comment

I just posted on this. Whatever issues you have with the 80's tones, if you want to play, say The Final Countdown, the intro to Here I Go Again, the Synth line for You can Still Rock In America, and such fare....

I MUST HAVE THIS!!!!!!!
                  Originally posted by Bad City
                  He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

Asking if a synth is too 80s is like asking if a fuzz is too 60s... it's like, well, yeah, but isn't that the point?
                    green globe burned black by sunn

Comment

Originally posted by Empty Pockets View Post
                      Asking if a synth is too 80s is like asking if a fuzz is too 60s... it's like, well, yeah, but isn't that the point?
                      Lol fair enough I guess it's just too much for me

Comment

You can NEVER be too 80s!!

Comment

Originally posted by Empty Pockets View Post
                          Once again, you've taken the words right out mah mouf. :3

Comment

Ace, you certainly need this. Your band needs you with this.

80s keyboard sounds never interested me. 60s and 70s, absolutely. EH makes pedals for those (and I use guitar synth & plugins for that).
                            Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

I left the band that I was playing a lot of 80's covers with last year. This pedal would've been perfect for that. I might still have to get one anyway!

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it's a plan!

Comment

Working...
                              X