Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about Pickup Booster

Hello,

How well does the pickup booster stack with fuzz pedals? Is it buffered when engaged or not? They advertise it as a "discrete push-pull output stage" which is just "acting" as a buffer as i understand it, however in the manual they have it as "buffered boost". I want to use it first in my pedal chain as almost always-on pedal to shape my tone with resonant switches as i need it, however we know that fuzz pedal which im using for both overdrive and fuzz do not like buffer in front so i want to make it clear for myself before i buy it. Also, im not very techy but as i understand fuzz dont like buffers with particularly high impedance output and since booster is only 250K it should work well even if it is buffered am i right?

Any owners that stack it in front of fuzz?
    Thanks

Re: Question about Pickup Booster

Good questions.
    Never used one myself, but I have always wondered exactly where it fell in the whole boost/od spectrum.

Comment

95% of the time i dont like anything in front of my fuzz. the type of fuzz you have makes a big difference with how well itll work though. i use fuzzface pedals but big muffs seem much more compatible with things placed before them. ive used a pup booster in front of overdrive pedals with great success but i havent tried it in front of my fuzz

Comment

Fuzz generally should be the first thing, with nothing in front of it. The way it interacts with the hands and the pickups is the key to great fuzz sounds. However, the Pickup Booster is great in front of overdrives, or more modern types of distortion pedals.
        Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Working...
        X