My Cornhole

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Cornhole

I'm aware this is in T&C but it's about a pedal so I don't see why not. An independent pedalmaker made me an overdrive to my exact liking by switching every component out (without telling me what they were so I went by sound only) on a breadboard until it was exactly to my liking. It adds everything I want to my sound without taking anything away that I don't want it to. The straight, built in clean boost gets pretty damn outrageous. In this video, we take you through the full range of what it can do and he explains the concept and construction. If you want anything built out of the ordinary, you'll want to talk to this guy!

Enjoy.

Last edited by El Dunco; 03-13-2017, 03:21 PM.
    The opinions expressed above do not necessarily represent those of the poster and are to be considered suspect at best.

Lead guitarist and vocalist of...

Keep up to date on our Facebook

Re: My Cornhole

Sounds dope. Surprising clarity for the amount of gain.

I'm surprised Kramersteen didn't make one of the obvious jokes here.
    TOUQUE ROCK...EH???? I AM CANADIAN

Comment

Originally posted by Kamanda~SD View Post
      Sounds dope. Surprising clarity for the amount of gain.

I'm surprised Kramersteen didn't make one of the obvious jokes here.
      This isn't the first time i have heard him mention his cornhole..

Comment

That is the joke. One of us mentioned it cornholes the front of the amp and it just stuck, so it's ripe for all the butt related jokes.

I tend not to have the gain on the pedal very high if on at all and dime the level for boosting a gained amp, he hits the "sweet spot" with the tone knob at least a couple of times but man oh man, that sustain at the end. I was barely touching the frets. I actually did find the OD I asked him to base the circuit on (one of them anyway, there's two which are switchable. Cornhole pisses on its ashes.
        Last edited by El Dunco; 03-13-2017, 03:19 PM.
        The opinions expressed above do not necessarily represent those of the poster and are to be considered suspect at best.

Comment

The next series could be the bung hole.

Does it work well across other amps or is it suited,tested and designed around your rig?

Comment

It works well across any kind of amp you can imagine. With the switchable overdrive circuits, wide tone sweep and the ability to use the boost as a straight clean boost independent of the overdrive altogether, it's what the doctor ordered (to my taste at least) whether it be classic hi gain that needs a push (old marshalls) modern high gain that you just want to give something more, even something with little to no gain you want to push into insanity. Even compared to the Timmy (the one with the 2 band eq) the Cornhole still came out on top with better definition. When I find my favourite spot on the tone knob, I find it doesn't suck out all the bottom end like most overdrive a do and the tubescreamer just sounds downright thin next to it.

Might have to do a shootout next.

Comment

Working...
            X