NPSD (New Pedal Switcher Day)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NPSD (New Pedal Switcher Day)

My Joyo PXL Live arrived this afternoon.

Pros - up to 8 pedals plus up to 4 amp functions on or off in a single button push

Cons - loops spaced so close together you can't use 2 pancake head connectors beside each other in separate loops... Odd, you can use 2 pancakes beside each other if it is for the same loop though.

Now I need a bigger board and new cables. Lol.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	126.4 KB
ID:	5843437

Re: NPSD (New Pedal Switcher Day)

Looks cool!
    Why don't you take your little Cobra Kais and get outta here?!
    My collaborative PROGRESSIVE ROCK PROJECT, As Follows.

Comment

It is so nice to be able to press one button and changing multiple effects at once.

Comment

Agreed. I used to use two Lehle D.Loops with a MIDI switcher, now I have a Road Rage, but ultimately I like the sound of effects cascaded together better than discrete loops.
        Why don't you take your little Cobra Kais and get outta here?!
        My collaborative PROGRESSIVE ROCK PROJECT, As Follows.

Comment

Have fun!
          Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

Oh I'm having a blast... Now reality is sinking in that I need to put more thought into the patches I put into the same banks. Lol

Comment

Yes, one big drawback to the PXL series IMO is the patches per bank. Also, no instant access is tough too. But that's why it costs what it does and the GigRig, Boss, OneControl, etc. cost what they do.

The two strategies I have are:
              -Purely song based, so Bank X is for Song Y, and the patches step through intro, verse, chorus and solo
              -"Escallating" patches based on a sound... So Bank X is for PlexiDrive. Patch 1 is just PlexiDrive, Patch 2 adds "effect" like Delay, Reverb, Mod or a combo, Patch 3 is PlexiDrive plus "Boost" (TS, Klone, EP, etc.) and Patch 4 is PlexiDrive plus "Boost" and "Effect". Then your banks step up from Clean, to Light OD, to Marshally OD to Heavy OD.

Just some things to think about, hope it might spark an idea for your setup.

Here's a guy that has a few ways to use an ES-8, it might spark some ideas too:
              Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

Originally posted by PFDarkside View Post
                Yes, one big drawback to the PXL series IMO is the patches per bank. Also, no instant access is tough too. But that's why it costs what it does and the GigRig, Boss, OneControl, etc. cost what they do.

The two strategies I have are:
                -Purely song based, so Bank X is for Song Y, and the patches step through intro, verse, chorus and solo
                -"Escallating" patches based on a sound... So Bank X is for PlexiDrive. Patch 1 is just PlexiDrive, Patch 2 adds "effect" like Delay, Reverb, Mod or a combo, Patch 3 is PlexiDrive plus "Boost" (TS, Klone, EP, etc.) and Patch 4 is PlexiDrive plus "Boost" and "Effect". Then your banks step up from Clean, to Light OD, to Marshally OD to Heavy OD.

Just some things to think about, hope it might spark an idea for your setup.

Here's a guy that has a few ways to use an ES-8, it might spark some ideas too:
                Your link doesn't show up.

But definitely setting things up similar to what you described. It has its limitations, like you point out, but my first bank is basic sounds I can use on most songs. Bypassed will be my clean tone, A is clean with effects, B is a crunch, C is metal distortion, D is a lead tone with delay. I'm trying to set up additional banks in a similar way

Comment

Also found the cheap Chinese eBay power supply I'd been using couldn't power the board with the PXL. Got thus as an upgrade. Not mounting it under the board since I have a bigger board in order and will probably sell this one to recover costs. Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	97.1 KB
ID:	5798064

Comment

The video shows up now. That's basically how I use it. Bypass for my basic cleans, A is clean with effects, B is my light crunch, C is heavier crunch and D is my lead sound with delay/reverb and whatever else I want on it.

Comment

I've got an OC10 laying around. I have not integrated it into my board yet, as I've been bandless the last 10 months and just don't feel the need to put that all together right now. I really wanted to go for the Gig Rig G2, but they're too expensive for me. If was gigging all the time, yes I'd jump for it, but where I am now, its total over kill.

Comment

Working...
                      X