SlideRig alternatives....?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SlideRig alternatives....?

Hey does anyone know of any other comparable slide options that are similar to the Origin Effects SlideRig deluxe or Origin Effects SlideRig Compact but a working musicians price? Or perhaps a clone? I found one shop that carried the compact and it is a sweet rig but I can't justify $400 for a compressor. I currently use a Boss CS-3 and it works but isn't anywhere as nice as the SlideRig. Thanks for the help

Re: SlideRig alternatives....?

The SlideRig is effectively two Cali76s together. Maybe try adding an additional compressor (maybe one with a blend) to the CS-3? Maybe even something like the Mooer Yellow Comp since it's optical might stack with the Boss.
    Last edited by PFDarkside; 03-21-2017, 07:47 AM.
    Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

The Pigtronix Philosopher's Tone is also a coloured compressor with a lot of vintage squish like the 1176. It does not have a selectable ratio, however. What it does have is a blend so you are running the compression in parallel, though.
      Why don't you take your little Cobra Kais and get outta here?!
      My collaborative PROGRESSIVE ROCK PROJECT, As Follows.

Comment

Thanks, I'll check that out

Comment

Originally posted by TwilightOdyssey View Post
          The Pigtronix Philosopher's Tone is also a coloured compressor with a lot of vintage squish like the 1176. It does not have a selectable ratio, however. What it does have is a blend so you are running the compression in parallel, though.
          Never used one with slide but the other guitar player in my band has one of those, they sound fantastic.

Comment

The Slide Rig IS the option for the working musician...it's way less money than a pair of 1176 compressors would be.

There is NOTHING else on the market thats even close to an 1176 much less two of them in one box.

If you're after max squish and sustain for slide playing and the Slide Rig is out of reach then just add another comp to the Boss comp...2 comps together is what many people have done over the years but it's still not going to be the same as a Slide Rig.
            If you just read a post by The Guy Who Invented Fire please understand that opinions change, mind sets change and as players our ears mature...not to mention our needs grow and change. With that in mind, today I may or may not agree with the post you just read!

Comment

Originally posted by the guy who invented fire View Post
              The Slide Rig IS the option for the working musician...it's way less money than a pair of 1176 compressors would be.

There is NOTHING else on the market thats even close to an 1176 much less two of them in one box.

If you're after max squish and sustain for slide playing and the Slide Rig is out of reach then just add another comp to the Boss comp...2 comps together is what many people have done over the years but it's still not going to be the same as a Slide Rig.
              Thanks, I figured it might be the only one since google couldn't really help me but I thought i would ask. I'm surprised there isn't a Chinese clone yet. I'm going to borrow a pedal and see if that gets me the tone I like. Also been suggested to pair it with a tube screamer so I'm going to try that too. Half the fun is the journey.

Comment

Working...
              X