banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Latest build project complete! (Chorus content inside)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Latest build project complete! (Chorus content inside)

My latest project is complete! Built a BYOC analog Chorus pedal which is a replica of the vintage 70's Boss CE-2. I also did the paint (including stripes). The logo was made by my buddy (it's a riff on the Edmonton Oilers logo) and my next door neighbor printed it to a vinyl decal for me (he runs a graphics business). It sounds great and looks pretty snazzy!

-
    My Rolling Stones tribute band: The Main Street Exiles

At the battle of the bands, the loser is always the audience. -Demitri Martin

Re: Latest build project complete! (Chorus content inside)

I have a CE-2 from early 1980 that is by far the best chorus I've ever heard. If yours is anywhere close, that's quite the NPD.
    Originally posted by crusty philtrum
    And that's probably because most people with electric guitars seem more interested in their own performance rather than the effect on the listener ... in fact i don't think many people who own electric guitars even give a poop about the effect on a listener. Which is why many people play electric guitars but very very few of them are actually musicians.

Comment

Thats totally Pro looking!! I hear that the CE2 is killer! Strange why these companies "improve" on models and had it right the first time.. Id really like to snag one of the WAZAs as they are supposed to capture that tone.. is this kit a CE2 replica or did you tweak it?
      Believe me when I say that some of the most amazing music in history was made on equipment that's not as good as what you own right now.

Jol Dantzig

Comment

Nice graphics!
        Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

Awesome, love the look! Now let's see some gut shots
          TOUQUE ROCK...EH???? I AM CANADIAN

Comment

That looks great! How did you come up with the hockey graphic? Brilliant!
            Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Originally posted by BloodRose View Post
              Thats totally Pro looking!! I hear that the CE2 is killer! Strange why these companies "improve" on models and had it right the first time.. Id really like to snag one of the WAZAs as they are supposed to capture that tone.. is this kit a CE2 replica or did you tweak it?
              It's a complete kit. Here's the one I got:

BYOC kits are great (I've built 4 of them) and it's a fraction of the price of a Waza.
              -

Comment

Originally posted by Kamanda~SD View Post
                Awesome, love the look! Now let's see some gut shots
                I've got a shot from when I finished populating the board!

-

Comment

Latest build project complete! (Chorus content inside)

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
                  That looks great! How did you come up with the hockey graphic? Brilliant!
                  It started out with me painting the enclosure white. Then I thought "maybe I'll add a stripe!" Then I got the idea to do a second stripe and make them Oilers colours (I'm a big Edmonton fan). Then I got the idea to ask my buddy who is excellent with graphic design if he could take the Oilers logo and change the letters to say "Chorus". Man did he deliver! The concept just kinda evolved as I went.

The stripes are all rattle can spray paint. The logo is a vinyl decal.
                  Last edited by Powdered Toast Man; 03-24-2017, 12:14 PM.
                  -

Comment

I have 3 kits that are not painted (5 knob comp, tremolo, & OD II) and now I have a few ideas....
                    Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
                      I have 3 kits that are not painted (5 knob comp, tremolo, & OD II) and now I have a few ideas....
                      Things I learned:
                      1. Use primer
                      2. Duplicolor automotive paint is the best. Goes on thin, dries quick, and dries DRY (not soft and plastic-y feeling.
                      3. Wet sand the edges of any stripes then apply clear coat.

Krylon paint is ok. Rustoleum (specifically Painters Touch) is awful. I actually had to use paint stripper and start over twice before I realized the problem was the paint itself.
                      -

Comment

Working...
                      X