Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TC Electronics Flashback Delay After BOSS DD-7

I bought BOSS DD-7 from Internet.

I've been using it for a while. I think there is nothing special about this pedal. It exactly copy the sounds and replay with delay. The delay sound doesn't have some ambient quality at all.

Flashback sounds like there is reverb with delays or and it has some kind of ambient quality.

Actually the person who sold me this pedal had both pedals and he chose Flashback to keep.

What do you think should I sell it and buy a Flashback?

Re: TC Electronics Flashback Delay After BOSS DD-7

Probably sell it.

Should have got the Boss RV3, it does reverb & delay together or individually.

The Flashback does not do reverb+delay, it does do variety of modulation (vib/chorus/flange) delay stuff though.

Comment

Well, that's typically what digital delays do - clean repeats with no degradation - so if it's not doing it for you, sell it! The TC has some great emulations, and very flexible too.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

i like to have two delays on my board. one digital with nice clean repeats like the boss and one analog with some modulation like a boss dm2 or ibanez ad9

Comment

TC Electronics Flashback Delay After BOSS DD-7

If you don't tell us what use you have in mind it's difficult to recommend. We're just going to tell you whatever we personally like which might not be what you need.

They are both digital delays that have some analog emulation modes. The Flashback is more flexible in theory thanks to toneprints but they are quite similar.

Like Jeremy and others, I have two delays: an analog one (DMM) and a digital (flashback mini but could have bought a dd7).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          Last edited by Blille; 03-28-2017, 08:02 PM.

Comment

I have a flashback. It's essentially a modeling unit. To my ears, the analog setting is quite distinct from the digital one. I like it. And if you don't, they fetch a decent price on the second-hand market.
            --------------------------------------------------------
            1973 Aria 551
            1984 Larrivee RS-4 w/ EMG SA/SA/89
            1989 Charvel 750 XL w/ DMZ Tone Zone & Air Norton
            1990's noname crap-o-caster plywood P/J Bass
            1991 Heartfield Elan III w/ DMZ mystery pups
            1995 Aria Pro II TA-65
            2001 Gibson Les Paul Gothic w/ PG-1 & SH-8

Comment

Working...
            X