Palm Mute With Fuzz Pedal?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Palm Mute With Fuzz Pedal?

Is your gut closer to your nads, or your chest?

Recto ( gut punch to the nads)or 6505 ( gut punch to the chest
    Originally posted by King Buzzo
    I love when people come up to me and say “Your guitar sound was better on Stoner Witch, when you used a Les Paul. “...I used a Fender Mustang reissue on that, dumbass!

Comment

I don't mean to be a grammar nazi, but a gut punch by definition is a punch to the gut.
      "Technique is really the elimination of the unneccessary ... it is a constant effort to avoid any personal impediment or obstacle to acheive the smooth flow of energy and intent"
      Yehudi Menuhin

Comment

Yeah, as everyone is saying the modern big muff is not a real chugging maching. Some people run boosts or overdrives to tighten up the tone and help the mids cut through a bit, but unless you have a fuzz pedal specifically designed to shape how the pedal handles your guitar's attack. (See swollen pickle and blackout musket) it's gonna require some tricks and outside help to pull off.

Comment

Originally posted by gibson175 View Post
          I don't mean to be a grammar nazi, but a gut punch by definition is a punch to the gut.
          Better than a nut punch to the throat, either way lol

While my BigMuff experience is limited to the model found in the Line6 M13, I was able to get the rhythm tones from Ride the Lightning with it, though I was using a JCM800 head through a pair of Carvin British12s (their Celestion copies) and a 2x12 cabinet. If you're getting flubby palm mutes, it could be the voicing of the amp and/or speakers/cabinet.

Then again, turning the Tone knob "Up" (clockwise) should not be increasing the buzz, but should actually be making it darker. Backing off (counter-clockwise) should be making it brighter. Apparently this is how the vintage BigMuff worked, which is what Line6 modeled.
          This, I've found, is where the whole "scooping the mids to get that early Metallica/Anthrax thrash tone" started, and why a generation of players have been getting a "bee in a bottle" tone when they turn their Mids off on their amps.

Additionally, if you watch any backstage unprocessed footage of Metallica where James is playing solo, his tone is incredibly farty (the clip where they were waiting for Lemmy to arrive and James was trying to sing into Lemmy's mic).
          Originally posted by Brown Note
          I'm soooooo jealous about the WR-1. It's the perfect guitar; fantastic to play, balances well even when seated and *great* reach for the upper frets. The sound is bright tight and very articulate. In summary it could only be more awesome if it had b00bs and was on fire!
          My Blog

Comment

Working...
          X