banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WHY THE WAMPLER PLEXISTORTION IS DISCONTINUED Which pedal can replace ??????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WHY THE WAMPLER PLEXISTORTION IS DISCONTINUED Which pedal can replace ??????

hi guys i know the plexistortion is discontinued but why is the amazing great pedal for the 80s hair tone i I wanted to buy a similar pedal.Which pedal can replace ? the jcm 800 modded tone ?

i italian my english is bad sorry guys

Re: WHY THE WAMPLER PLEXISTORTION IS DISCONTINUED Which pedal can replace ??????

I have not tried the Wampler version, but there are quite a few "Plexi in a box" pedals out there. Plus, you can still find these used–some on eBay and Reverb right now (Guitar Center has them too, don't know if they ship to Italy but worth a shot.)

I really enjoy the Love Pedal Purple Plexi.

Comment

Re: WHY THE WAMPLER PLEXISTORTION IS DISCONTINUED Which pedal can replace ??????

but the purple plexi have a high gain for the jcm800 modded tone ?

Comment

Wampler had a bit of overlap in the MIAB category, the PlexiDrive Deluxe and Pinnacle Deluxe v.2 are both amazing pedals.

Outside of those, Lovepedal, Xotic, Carl Martin, ZVex, MI Audio, JHS, basically everyone does a version of the few MIAB pedals, even the Duncan Dirty Deeds is a similar flavor.
        Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

salve guys i have one question what pedal have more gain jhs angry charlie, super crunch box or wampler plexistortion ?

Comment

Originally posted by maestroberetta View Post
            salve guys i have one question what pedal have more gain jhs angry charlie, super crunch box or wampler plexistortion ?
            I believe (and open to correction) all three are based on the original Guv'nor pedal with their own tweaks. So any of the three probably would do a great job for what you need.
            Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

Carl Martin PlexiTone all the way, pure magic with fender amps
              Need of FUZZ ?
              Need of CENTAUR ?

Comment

RambleFX Marvel Drive is the closest to an actual Marshall that I've actually played/owned.

The Marshall Gov'nor is good for high-gain leads also. Has the deep bass control that gives it the mic'd cabinet sound.

There are plenty others, but I haven't played/owned them all. I have a Carl Martin but would not recommend it - lacks bass/sub thump that a real Marshall has.

Comment

^Do you have that yellow Chinese horror?

Comment

HOW did no one say Catalinbread "Dirty Little Secret" Mk (Whatever you want).

These days I'm also digging the tones I hear from the Radial Hollywood Bones.

And a Mooer Solo, Joyo US Dream, or a Suhr Riot are all winners at various price points.
                    Originally posted by Bad City
                    He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

WHY THE WAMPLER PLEXISTORTION IS DISCONTINUED Which pedal can replace ??????

What amp are you using? My .02 cents say to look for an used Weehbo JMP Drive (80s hair metal to a T) or Weehbo Helldrive (modded JCM 800 tone). Having tried most MIAB pedals, the Weehbo are hands down closest (IME) to the amps their modeled after. You can find clips on TGP. I know someone on this forum recorded some killer clips with the JMP Drive

A Carl Martin, Bogner, Catalinbread, Friedman, or Wampler offering of a MIAB will get you 90% of way there with minor compromises. Just depends what you're willing to sacrifice. Some will lack or have too much bass. Too much fizz. Lack of "conviction". Etc. A lot of this will also depend on your budget. Shop used.

Edit:

Scroll down to the 9th post: https://www.thegearpage.net/board/in...sions.1273184/

I believe zenmindbeginner posts here too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                      Last edited by YeRedHouseOverYonder; 04-09-2017, 08:39 PM.

Comment

Brian Wampler has always had a habit of discontinuing really great pedals for some reason? I've been trying to get my hands on a Talent Booster for a decent price for over a year! I mostly want one as a novelty pedal, I've got a DB+ which can do everything the the T.B. can & a lot more!!! IMHO it's far superior in just about every way. Plus being able to run the buffer without having the pedal engaged is just a bloody fantastic feature!!!

Have you tried to find a Plexitortion that's in good shape used? There's plenty of them on the used market & I know living in Europe will limit your choices of sellers as many don't want to deal with the international shipping but I'm sure you can find someone who is willing to ship to Italy if you're willing to pay & @ least you know exactly what you're going to get!!!
                        I live in Northern New Hampshire, we shoot the things we don't understand here???

Comment

Working...
                        X