Palladium or 805 stacked with Killing Floor and a metal Muff

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Palladium or 805 stacked with Killing Floor and a metal Muff

Well, i'm about to upgrade my distortions, but i don't know if i should buy a Palladium or instead purchase the Killing Floor and stack it with the 805 that i already have, and a EHX pocket Metal Muff for those scooped tones.
    I play mostly fusion but sometimes i do 80's metal covers with my band.

Re: Palladium or 805 stacked with Killing Floor and a metal Muff

Why on God's Earth would anyone stack anything with a Metal Muff? Unless it isn't the full-meal-deal with Top Boost.
    Originally posted by Bad City
    He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

the paladium is a great sounding and feeling pedal. does 5150 tones for days and has tons of gain

Comment

I can't imagine stacking a Palladium with much of anything, it sounds so good by itself. There is so much gain there, that I think any other overdrive pedals would make a wall of mush. What are you doing that needs that much gain?
        Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

I already have the 805, wich is pretty much a tube screamer, but i don't know if i should buy the Killing Floor to stack it with with the 805 and buy the MM to have a diferent sound. Or just buy the Palladium

Comment

If you have the opportunity to try any of them out, I'd suggest it. You'd know immediately if the Palladium or Killing Floor/805 combo is what you want. My guess is that the Palladium would eliminate the need for other OD pedals altogether.
            Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

The Palladium boost switch is quite 805-ish. It would be one less pedal on your board using just the Palladium.
              sigpic

Comment

really wish the boost on the palladium was independent of the drive, it works great with the drive of the palladium though. the whole thing is very well voiced, albeit more modern than im used to

Comment

Working...
                X