3 (or more) in 1 pedals?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3 (or more) in 1 pedals?

Hey guys I'm looking for pedals that have 2 or more functions but not as much as a Multi-FX, pedals like the Tech 21 FlyRigs, Movall Rock Highway, EHX Tone Tattoo or Valeton Dapper. Prefferably that come with an Overdrive and/or Distortion.

Any contributions are welcome, Thanks!
    Last edited by Alonso Ortega; 04-16-2017, 09:30 PM.

Re: 3 (or more) in 1 pedals?

I will say that I have the original FlyRig, and what it does, it does really really well. I think the Amplifire does what you are asking.
    Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
      I will say that I have the original FlyRig, and what it does, it does really really well. I think the Amplifire does what you are asking.
      Seconded on the Flyrig5 - my go to solution when amp on hand is dubious.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

I'm happy with my EHX Epitome but no OD there.

I used to love my FlyRig5.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Wanna get my hands on the Fly Rig, but where I live it is excessively overpriced, something like 460 dollars. I know it does what it does extremely well, even Paul Gilbert uses one as a backup amp.

Comment

GFS has a dual OD/Distortion pedal
            Two buttons cascading

The Steve Vai pedal does the same thing

The Satriani pedal as well I believe

Behringer has a multi pedal that let's you chose either one or the other of several single effects

Of course you could get a used RP50 and get a few drum loops as well
            EHD
            Just here surfing Guitar Pron
            RG2EX1 w/ SD hot-rodded pickups / RG4EXFM1 w/ Carvin S22j/b + FVN middle
            SR500 / Martin 000CE-1/Epiphone Hummingbird
            Epiphone Florentine with OEM Probuckers
            Ehdwuld branded Blue semi hollow custom with JB/Jazz
            Reptile Green Gibson Custom Studio / Aqua Dean Shire semi hollow with piezo
            Carvin Belair / Laney GC80A Acoustic Amp (a gift from Guitar Player Mag)
            GNX3000 (yea I'm a modeler)

Comment

Visual Sound, Keeley, Earthquaker, Carl Martin
              Turn me on, Dead Man.

Comment

There are a *lot* of dual function pedals out there now. Even within dirt offerings, you can choose from countless permutations of boost/overdrive/distortion.

For distortion/boost, I currently use the Bogner La Grange for Marshall tones. I like the boost because it is very clean and controllable.

I have 2 overdrive/boost pedals, the EHX Tortion and Carl Martin DC Drive. They are both good, but I don't use them because I have other single-purpose pedals I prefer for overdrive.

The EXH Germanium 4 Big Muff Pi is nominally a distortion/overdrive, though it seems to be strongly fuzz-flavored, given the "Big Muff" part. The clips of it sound super interesting, as it produces a very wide range of sounds.

The original Carl Martin Plexitone could be a competitor to the Fly Rig. It has 3 functions. It has 2 channels of Marshall-esque dirt and a boost. The second channel is high gain, like really high gain.

The Carl Martin AC Tone Dual Overdrive works the same way, though it has much less gain than the Plexitone.

Comment

Originally posted by stratguy23 View Post
                  There are a *lot* of dual function pedals out there now. Even within dirt offerings, you can choose from countless permutations of boost/overdrive/distortion.

For distortion/boost, I currently use the Bogner La Grange for Marshall tones. I like the boost because it is very clean and controllable.

I have 2 overdrive/boost pedals, the EHX Tortion and Carl Martin DC Drive. They are both good, but I don't use them because I have other single-purpose pedals I prefer for overdrive.

The EXH Germanium 4 Big Muff Pi is nominally a distortion/overdrive, though it seems to be strongly fuzz-flavored, given the "Big Muff" part. The clips of it sound super interesting, as it produces a very wide range of sounds.

The original Carl Martin Plexitone could be a competitor to the Fly Rig. It has 3 functions. It has 2 channels of Marshall-esque dirt and a boost. The second channel is high gain, like really high gain.

The Carl Martin AC Tone Dual Overdrive works the same way, though it has much less gain than the Plexitone.

I was thinking mostrly about pedals with Distortion or Overdrive and a non direct-related effect, like Dist/Reverb, or Dist/Delay, etc. I know there are tons of OD/Boost out there, and the ones you mention are definitely worth checking.

Comment

I see, dirt and non-dirt in the same pedal.

Check out a new company called Biltworth - they have an OD/Reverb/Delay pedal:

You can use the Reverb as a clean boost by setting Mix and Decay to zero.

Comment

The Keeley Dark Side and Monterey come to mind, but they are made for pretty specific tones.

Comment

Originally posted by devastone View Post
                        The Keeley Dark Side and Monterey come to mind, but they are made for pretty specific tones.
                        I think Keely has 1 or 2 others as well, and there's the Analog Alien "Rumble Seat" drive/delay/reverb pedal. But, those all cost more than the Fly Rig
                        sigpic
                        Gibson LP Trad Pro II->Various pedals->MEsa Boogie MkV->Owensby/219 Guitar Works Vertical Slant 2x12 w/WGS ET-65 and Veteran 30.

Comment

Alien Bass Station

Also check out the Boss Digital Metalizer - not exactly what you want - but still cool.
                          Originally posted by Bad City
                          He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

Is this for fun or for an actual purpose?

If it's for fun, cool... the Keeley pedals come to mind as do the EHX. And of course, you can build a large enclosure with your choice of pcbs from BYOC, etc.

If it's for a small pedalboard replacement, I'd still rather have the individual pedals I want, well wired and powered, and attached securely.
                            Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

I'd say the FlyRig is actually cheaper than 3 separate pedals, and does so much...and there are a bunch to choose from now.
                              Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Working...
                              X