banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is/was the worst pedal you ever had?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is/was the worst pedal you ever had?

Based on sound and tone.

For me its the Vox satchurator.I absolutely can't get this thing to work for me.Its like a modded pro cro rat.And the USA rat sounds a lot better.LOL.

Sent from my SCV33 using Tapatalk

Re: What is/was the worst pedal you ever had?

DOD American Metal (original 3 knob)
    DOD FX17 (?) Wah/volume (volume fine, wah was horrendous)
    Boss ME5 multieffects. Skip to 5:45 for all the warm tonal goodness

Although not the worst, in recent years-biggest overhype award goes to Friedman BE , and Catalinbread DLS MK3. The original plexitone from nearly 15 years ago kicks both their @$$es..same with the Bogner pedals.
    I'm an internet person. All we do is waste time evaluating things that have next-to-zero real world significance.

Remember, it's just a plank of wood. YOU have to find the music in it - The Telecaster Handbook

Comment

Originally posted by JeffB View Post
      DOD American Metal (original 3 knob)
      DOD FX17 (?) Wah/volume (volume fine, wah was horrendous)
      Boss ME5 multieffects. Skip to 5:45 for all the warm tonal goodness

Although not the worst, in recent years-biggest overhype award goes to Friedman BE , and Catalinbread DLS MK3. The original plexitone from nearly 15 years ago kicks both their @$$es..same with the Bogner pedals.
      Haha. I have the bogner uberschall, and it doesn't do what the amp does, but it does do a good and usuable modern plexi kind of sound. So I kept it. Don't know about the ecstasy red and blue.

Comment

I've never bought a pedal I didn't know I'd dig.

That being said, though, I have a Behringer HM300 that is cheap plastic and sounds absolutely horrendous... and I love it! Instant Swedish Death Metal tones!

Comment

Originally posted by atf View Post
          Haha. I have the bogner uberschall, and it doesn't do what the amp does, but it does do a good and usuable modern plexi kind of sound. So I kept it. Don't know about the ecstasy red and blue.

Just to clarify, I meant the Bogner pedals are fantastic. The Blue is a far better pedal than the Friedman or DLSMK3 at doing old plexi to modded plexi type tones.
          I'm an internet person. All we do is waste time evaluating things that have next-to-zero real world significance.

Remember, it's just a plank of wood. YOU have to find the music in it - The Telecaster Handbook

Comment

Originally posted by JeffB View Post
            Just to clarify, I meant the Bogner pedals are fantastic. The Blue is a far better pedal than the Friedman or DLSMK3 at doing old plexi to modded plexi type tones.
            Ahh right.Sorry.

Comment

Danelectro Sitar Swami.

I was young and stupid and bought a used one. No usable tones in that thing. It sounded broken. It wasn't.

Comment

MXR Fullbore Metal.

Boy was I an idiot when I thought that metal could only be played with a humbucker equipped guitar with disgustingly high action and super heavy strings, under gobs of distortion (from pedals), into a distorted amp with the mids at -81. Boy was I an idiot.
                Schecter ATX Blackjack C7 BKP Painkiller (B) and Abraxas (N)
                Hagstrom Hj800 Jazzbox stock pickups
                Fender Jazz Bass EMG MJ Set
                Music Man SUB Ray5 stock pickups
                Line 6 Helix
                Dunlop Strings and Picks

The opinions expressed above are my own and do not reflect normal levels of sanity.

Comment

I loved the tones from almost all of the pedals I have owned- except the floppy bass of the Big Muff Pi. And all of the EHx pedals I owned had an annoying pop which came through the speaker when hitting the switch.
                  Turn me on, Dead Man.

Comment

Morley PDW, broke twice within 3 years (right after the 2-year warranty had expired, thank you very much). And the wah wasn't sensitive either

TC Electronic, broke within 8 years. The repair cost about 75% of the new one.

Comment

The American Metal went right back to the store.

Never liked the Phase 100. Like the 90, couldn't get that sound with the 100. Sold it.

I had two Fender Blenders. The first one was stolen in 1972. I bought another one a few years later...and IT was stolen! I've seen them at guitar shows and I want it...but I always walk by without buying. Bad Karma.

I bought a used Peavey Accelerator overdrive years ago. Got it cheap, but it was really disappointing. Except for slide guitar parts. PERFECT! I've hung onto it...might need it for a recording someday.

The MXR Distortion + was THE standard dirt box back in the '70s, but I never liked them. Don't care much for Tube Screamers either.

Bill
                      When you've had budget guitars for a number of years, you may find that your old instrument is holding you back. A quality guitar can inspire you to write great songs, improve your understanding of the Gdim chord while in the Lydian Mode, cure the heartbreak of cystic acne--and help you find true love in the process.

Comment

BBE Sonic Maximizer
                        TOUQUE ROCK...EH???? I AM CANADIAN

Comment

Originally posted by Rex_Rocker View Post
                          I've never bought a pedal I didn't know I'd dig.

That being said, though, I have a Behringer HM300 that is cheap plastic and sounds absolutely horrendous... and I love it! Instant Swedish Death Metal tones!
                          I got one of those! It's cool if you want one dimensional super fuzzy Swedish noise. Not good for much else.

Comment

Originally posted by atf View Post
                            Based on sound and tone.

For me its the Vox satchurator.I absolutely can't get this thing to work for me.Its like a modded pro cro rat.And the USA rat sounds a lot better.LOL.

I found the Satchurator worked best with humbuckers, I couldn't find a use for it with my Strats.

Worst pedal I've used is a Nano Big Muff Pi...virtually a pedal that makes a great clean tone sound like crap (through my setup at least.)

Comment

The first pedal I ever bought was terrible, by a long-gone company called Next: the Distortion X!

It had a knob where you can dial in the 'decade' of distortion you were after (?!?), which didn't work linearly. In other words, it would start out at a ton of distortion for the 60s, then get quieter for the 70s, etc. You can dial in your birthday! Here it is:

Click image for larger version

Name:	cd88aecd.jpg
Views:	4
Size:	75.1 KB
ID:	5798349
                              Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Working...
                              X