banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TAKE TWO, THEY'RE SMALL!!! Double Pedals On The Same Board....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TAKE TWO, THEY'RE SMALL!!! Double Pedals On The Same Board....

Ever had a pedal you loved so much that you decided to run two of them on the same board? For me it's my Wampler Clarksdale's!!!

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	125.1 KB
ID:	5843725

I've been doing this for years but until recently it was always a couple of Tube Screamers or clones & they've never been exactly the same. I.E. a TS-808 & TS-9, TS-9 & Keeley modded TS-9, 805 Overdrive & a TS-808, Etc.. The flexibility of the Wampler's & they're active E.Q.'s kinda gives you all of the above in a single box so once I bought one of them I knew I wanted to try two!

Boy am I glad that I did!!! These things sound flipping awesome individually & stacked against each other, they also stack up equally well with my other dirt boxes!Basically I just keep all of my O.D.'s & Distortion pedals set at a relatively low gain setting & then I set my amp to where it's just starting to breakup.

I can get a really nice clean tone by turning the volume knob on my guitar down a tiny bit or simply flipping to the neck pickup & I can get anything from a low gain crunch/compressed tone to a face melting high gain distortion using one or more of my pedals on the floor...

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	129.0 KB
ID:	5843726
    I live in Northern New Hampshire, we shoot the things we don't understand here???

Re: TAKE TWO, THEY'RE SMALL!!! Double Pedals On The Same Board....

I just listened to the Pro Guitar Shop video.
    The Clarksdale Delta sounds great, which shouldn't be a big surprise, considering Brian Wampler designed them. He's good at keeping OD's from sounding fizzy and artificial.

Too bad that pedal doesn't come in a dual mode version.
    Originally posted by Boogie Bill
    I've got 60 guitars...but 49 trumpets is just...INSANITY! WTF!

Comment

I ran two GE-7s in my FX loop for a while.

Yes, I'm boring. Shut up.
      Epiphone LP Standard PlusTop Pro
      Ibanez SZ320 / A8 DD103 bridge.
      Ibanez RG270 / Screamin' Demon bridge.

Egnater Tweaker 15 Head / Laney Cub 8 / 2x12 - Celestion V30+K100
      Line 6 M13 and plenty of stompboxes I rarely use!

Comment

There's been a push for him to issue the "Clarksdale Deluxe" pretty much since it came out.

I do actually have two King of Tones, but other than the first time I've never put them on the same board. I do use two different Fuzz Faces sometimes, but one will be silicon and one germanium.
        Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

DD-3s....seen a lot of guys pair them up.

Bill
          When you've had budget guitars for a number of years, you may find that your old instrument is holding you back. A quality guitar can inspire you to write great songs, improve your understanding of the Gdim chord while in the Lydian Mode, cure the heartbreak of cystic acne--and help you find true love in the process.

Comment

The only pedals I have two of are wah pedals. Don't think that would work out.

Comment

Originally posted by Gearjoneser View Post
              I just listened to the Pro Guitar Shop video.
              The Clarksdale Delta sounds great, which shouldn't be a big surprise, considering Brian Wampler designed them. He's good at keeping OD's from sounding fizzy and artificial.

Too bad that pedal doesn't come in a dual mode version.

Agreed...

Brian Wampler pretty much farts golden diodes as far as I'm concerned!!! Pretty much all of his pedals, especially anything made in the past few years, are very amp like & they hold together extremely well no matter what you run them into or how high you set your gain.

My Triple Wreck going through my Hot Rod Deluxe (again with a slightly Mid-bumped E.Q.) sounds more Mesa than some of the actual Mesa's I've played through & I can get that searing cranked Rec. tone at fairly reasonable volumes!!! I realize that was a kinda redundant statement but I don't know how else to explain it???
              I live in Northern New Hampshire, we shoot the things we don't understand here???

Comment

Originally posted by Boogie Bill View Post
                This. I can see other pedals where you would run two pedals so you wouldn't have to change settings on the fly, but delays are the only pedals where I can imagine that running more than one at the same time would work very well, at least if one was after a conventional sound. Of course, it one has to use multiple versions of the same pedal I would recommend to consider the convenience of a high-end racked multi-fx system, but Michael Schenker uses two DD-3s and he knows this better than me.

Comment

I ran 2 805's on my main board for quite a while. I'm currently using only my small board at the moment, and I removed one of the 805's to put on that. Funnily enough, over the last couple of days I've been pondering putting them both on my small board.

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it's a plan!

Comment

Originally posted by Boogie Bill View Post

Bill
                    +1

I have a DD-2 and long-chip DD-3 on my board set for a short delay around 150-200ms (DD-2) and longer ~400ms delay (DD-3). I like these particular delays because they're clearer sounding than an analog, but still have a softer, rolled-off tone due to the 12-bit digital conversion.
                    Originally posted by crusty philtrum
                    And that's probably because most people with electric guitars seem more interested in their own performance rather than the effect on the listener ... in fact i don't think many people who own electric guitars even give a poop about the effect on a listener. Which is why many people play electric guitars but very very few of them are actually musicians.

Comment

Working...
                    X