banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has anyone tried the Rocktron Zombie Rectified Distortion?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has anyone tried the Rocktron Zombie Rectified Distortion?

It looks like it may just be a repackaged Rampage pedal, which I have. (And love.) I'm curious if it's something unique and/or different inside?

Zombie Rectified Distortion

Re: Has anyone tried the Rocktron Zombie Rectified Distortion?

I used to own one. It did sound pretty big in front of a twin reverb. Sounded best with low treble and a low "stare" setting. It's very bassy.
    The opinions expressed above do not necessarily represent those of the poster and are to be considered suspect at best.

Lead guitarist and vocalist of...

Keep up to date on our Facebook

Comment

Originally posted by ArtieToo View Post
      It looks like it may just be a repackaged Rampage pedal, which I have.[/URL]
      I did not own any of the two, but tested both a couple years ago in a shop that is connected to a music studio and rehearsal rooms that I frequently visited.
      I don't think the Zombie is a repackaged Rampage, I am pretty sure both have their own character.
      I agree with Beers, the Zombie is a pretty bassy distortion, meaning it gets obnoxious pretty fast with the wrong settings.
      "You can buy muscles (steroïds), but you can't buy "cojones". (quoted: Bas Rutten)

Comment

I used to have one, and I liked it a lot. I got the best sounds by keeping the treble low and the bass high. The "Stare" knob makes it sound more like a fuzz as you turn it up. Even at fuzzier settings, it sounds good with chords & palm-muting.
        Turn me on, Dead Man.

Comment

Cool info guys. "Bassy" might not be bad, as so many fuzz/distortions get "fizzy" real fast. I may have to see if I can check one out locally.

Comment

The bass is very clean on a good clean amp with lots of headroom. It may get fizzy with the treble too high but it reigns in just fine with the treble low.
            The opinions expressed above do not necessarily represent those of the poster and are to be considered suspect at best.

Lead guitarist and vocalist of...

Keep up to date on our Facebook

Comment

I have a "good clean amp". I guess I'll need to get one.

Comment

No it's actually lacking in bass, at least compared to Rocktron Distortion I and Digitech Grunge.

Compared to Distortion I, the Zombie is a gritty, lo-fi distortion, while the Distortion I is more 'processed'. I'd recommend get the Distortion I if you want more bass. The controls are similar to Metal Zone (with mid freq sweep) but I have no idea if they sound the same.

The best setting is keeping the bass at max and the 'stare' (which is just a 'mid' control) around 9 o'clock.

Comment

Working...
                X