Delay/Modulation/Reverb pedal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Delay/Modulation/Reverb pedal

I've pretty much been exclusively using my small pedalboard recently. It has a Crybaby Mini, a Seymour Duncan 805 overdrive, a recently added Voodoo Lab Superfuzz and a Marshall Regenerator. The Regenerator is a small modulation pedal with chorus/flanger/phaser/vibe options, and it's really useful for when I want to add a bit of movement to my sound. The other guitarist is a Strat into a Super reverb user, whilst I'm using my PRS McCarty and Fret King Esprit into my Marshall JTM45 reissue.

I want to retain the option of having some modulation, although not necessarily having all the Regenerator's choices. What I really need is some sort of delay/reverb option too.

I'm looking for some suggestions on a small footprint pedal that can give me delay/mod, reverb/mod, or delay/reverb/mod. I don't want anything too digital processor heavy as I run my board off of a Volto supply, so I'd like to avoid high current draw pedals.

Any thoughts?

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it's a plan!

Re: Delay/Modulation/Reverb pedal

Off the top of my head, I can't think of a pedal that does all 3 as you describe without going to a multi-FX device, which would put you in the same option-paralysis as the Marshall pedal.

If you're open to alternatives, I recommend the Earthquaker Dispatch Master for reverb/delay all in one, then grab a simple mod pedal for the movement.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Look into Nuenaber/strymon territory I would say.
      Why don't you take your little Cobra Kais and get outta here?!
      My collaborative PROGRESSIVE ROCK PROJECT, As Follows.

Comment

Originally posted by TwilightOdyssey View Post
        Look into Nuenaber/strymon territory I would say.
        Yeah, that's kind of what I feared! No cheapish solution here!

I figure that a decent reverb with some 'shimmer/mod' options might be the way to go. My worry is that I might not get enough of the modulation to satisfy.

Comment

Any delay pedal that has modulation can do a chorus, but I haven't seen one that has all 3. Perhaps Yamaha's UD stomp, which is several delay lines in a pedal.
          Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Zoom G3 & especially the MS70CDR will do it. Not sure what their true power readings​ are but both are able to run on AA batteries, so not too power hungry I suppose.

Comment

I'm thinking the Zoom MS70CDR might do the trick. I realize that there are very few options to cover all 3 and would probably be content with a reverb that has modulation as I don't tend to use a huge amount of delay. However a great delay with modulation options would also be considered.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Hahaha - rolling old skool there is this -

Might I suggest:

All of the features of the Regenerator, plus three styles of delay, and reverb. Plus "shimmer"

All in a very small footprint.
                Originally posted by Bad City
                He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

i just got an electro harmonix canyon. it can kinda do those 3 things.
                  Crash49 - my music on amazon and itunes
                  http://a.co/8ht5Qes

Comment

sigpic
                    Gibson LP Trad Pro II->Various pedals->MEsa Boogie MkV->Owensby/219 Guitar Works Vertical Slant 2x12 w/WGS ET-65 and Veteran 30.

Comment

I think anything that does all 3 will need a bigger footprint, and more power than what you might want.
                      Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

this might be a better fit than the delay/reverb model since its has more modulation options.

on my little board i just have a deja vu which i use for delay and modulation and it works just fine live.

Comment

Yeah, I've been thinking about moving my Deja Vu from my main board.

Comment

After struggling with the same question as the OP, I went with the Neunaber Expanse. It does all those things plus some very well. I seriously considered the EHX Canyon and the Neunaber Immerse, but felt that the Expanse with the EXP (while costly) had everything I wanted without the compromises. I'll still keep my TC HOF as a basic reverb and my Tech 21 DLA as a main delay, but run the Expanse for the everything else.

Comment

The Keeley Workstations are really good for this, you might want to look at the Super Mod Workstation: https://robertkeeley.com/product/super-mod-workstation/

It has two separate effects 'channels' with different types of modulation, delays and reverbs baked in. I think only the second channel has any reverbs, but both have different kinds of mod and delays in a fairly compact package.

The Eventide H9 is worlds more complex but a few of their modern presets have delay/verb/chorus all rolled into one, and preset switchers are fairly readily available now to make them much more gig friendly.
                              Originally posted by BigAlTheBird
                              I just got oiixed in the mung by a Canadian.

Timmy - 1
                              Andrew - None

Comment

Working...
                              X