Echoplex EP-3 sale alert

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Echoplex EP-3 sale alert

This is a good price and recently services. 71-72 are the magic years for EP3. The three color logo is what you look for. $600 shipped. I am not affiliated.

www.CelticAmplifiers.com

"You can't save everybody, everybody don't wanna be saved."

Re: Echoplex EP-3 sale alert

SOLD.dadgummit, thats like something I want so badly but really cannot afford.I also wanted your dead nuts to vibtage reverb tank, but as the old Spanish saying ; "horses in hell want Ice water".
    Last edited by MetalManiac; 04-25-2017, 08:38 PM.
    "Anyone who understands Jazz knows that you can't understand it. It's too complicated. That's what's so simple about it." - Yogi Berra

Comment

I had it in my basket and was already logged into PayPal. Just don't need a fourth tape echo.

www.CelticAmplifiers.com

Comment

I'm keeping the 2nd EP-2 for parts for my first EP-2. The SSTE does the EP3 thing so well and it's new and reliable. Can't see buying an EP3. Great deal as it was

www.CelticAmplifiers.com

Comment

i checked the link when you sent it and id love to have one but its just not practical for gigging and since thats about the only time i play seemed like i should pass. such a cool toy though

Comment

It was gone 30 min after I posted this.

www.CelticAmplifiers.com

Comment

I'm curious...in your opinion what makes 71-72 "the magic years"?
              If you just read a post by The Guy Who Invented Fire please understand that opinions change, mind sets change and as players our ears mature...not to mention our needs grow and change. With that in mind, today I may or may not agree with the post you just read!

Comment

Echoplex EP-3 sale alert

Christian I'm basing this on a buddy of mine who's main business is Echo repair. He has educated me greatly. I owe him.

He tells me the three colored "bugle" logo early 70's are the best EP-3's. Up until 74, the kept making changes to improve. After 74, changes stopped being for the better.

Post 74: Started trying to save money. Used particle board housing (formerly plywood), switched motors to cheaper & less rugged, chassis made out of aluminum, used nylok screws, boards more fragile, lower resale value. Couple of years they buggered up transformer placement. One of the bottom screws had to be ½" shorter and if you mixed them up, the longer screw punctures the transformer. Bias board harder to get to. Probably more but that's all I remember.

www.CelticAmplifiers.com

Comment

Check this one out. Never seen one so clean.

www.CelticAmplifiers.com

Comment

wow! that is like new

Comment

Originally posted by Scott_F View Post
                      Christian I'm basing this on a buddy of mine who's main business is Echo repair. He has educated me greatly. I owe him.

He tells me the three colored "bugle" logo early 70's are the best EP-3's. Up until 74, the kept making changes to improve. After 74, changes stopped being for the better.

Post 74: Started trying to save money. Used particle board housing (formerly plywood), switched motors to cheaper & less rugged, chassis made out of aluminum, used nylok screws, boards more fragile, lower resale value. Couple of years they buggered up transformer placement. One of the bottom screws had to be ½" shorter and if you mixed them up, the longer screw punctures the transformer. Bias board harder to get to. Probably more but that's all I remember.
                      Thanks, I never heard anybody nail down a year things started getting made cheaper but I do agree that at some point things took a dive in material quality.

I've owned and used several over the years and will say that if it has the particle board case I shy away from them.
                      If you just read a post by The Guy Who Invented Fire please understand that opinions change, mind sets change and as players our ears mature...not to mention our needs grow and change. With that in mind, today I may or may not agree with the post you just read!

Comment

So that one I just posted is a transition year EP3 but by all outward appearances looks like an EP-2. But under the hood is EP3 solid state. Guy wants $1050 for it. Worth it.

www.CelticAmplifiers.com

Comment

Originally posted by the guy who invented fire View Post
                          Thanks, I never heard anybody nail down a year things started getting made cheaper but I do agree that at some point things took a dive in material quality.

I've owned and used several over the years and will say that if it has the particle board case I shy away from them.
                          Pete says look at the logo. If it's three colored, you should be good.

www.CelticAmplifiers.com

Comment

I can testify the new Fulltone SSTE is great. And all new parts and such. Long term more reliable. And it's a lot smaller and more rugged feeling.

www.CelticAmplifiers.com

Comment

I have a secret....

I was hovering over the "Buy it Now" button, but decided I'd rather spend that in getting these other two guitars finished up along with my big pedalboard....
                              Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

Working...
                              X