Line 6 firehawk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Line 6 firehawk

Who has experience with it? What was your impressions? I always preferred to use pedals. But for an easier more compact setup I've thought about getting one.

Re: Line 6 firehawk

Just sold mine.

Why? Because the only real way to program it is with an ipad/similar. It is really fiddly with bluetooth connection and I would not recommend it in a live situation for that reason.

Not a bad unit, sounds are ok and there is a ton to choose from (and I mean a TON) but if you can't step into the helix arena, I'd consider a GT-100 or an HD because they are easier to program at the base/computer level.

Comment

My only experience with it was trying it at NAMM when the software wasn't quite done for it. I asked some questions and for some reason the Line6 guys got annoyed that I expected it to work as advertised. I didn't end up buying it.
      Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

I may just stick with individual pedals. I've never used a multi effects untit. Just figured it would help cut down on cables and power supplies and save room. But I'm just used to plug in twist some knobs and play.

Comment

Well, multi effects are not much different than individual pedals..you might like the Line6 M-series, the M9 and M13...which are designed more like individual pedals, rather than chains of effects arranged in presets.
          Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

I was going to suggest the M9/M13 as well, since it does exactly what the OP wants and it's easy to find used.

I've got the M13, and what really sold me on it was being able to use it with 4 cables, choosing which pedals go through the front and which through the loop.

I still use one OD pedal because I'm a romantic I guess, and a EQ pedal as a attenuator.
            All my other pedals? Stored away.
            Last edited by Diego; 04-30-2017, 05:17 PM.
            Epiphone LP Standard PlusTop Pro
            Ibanez SZ320 / A8 DD103 bridge.
            Ibanez RG270 / Screamin' Demon bridge.

Egnater Tweaker 15 Head / Laney Cub 8 / 2x12 - Celestion V30+K100
            Line 6 M13 and plenty of stompboxes I rarely use!

Comment

Working...
            X