NGD - Helix Content

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NGD - Helix Content

After having tried one, I am sold: this is the gear acquisition to end all other gear acquisitions... Well, as far as effects are concerned.

I sold (almost) all of my pedals for it, and I have no regrets. I got a free hardcase with it, but I'll sell it and find something that will also house my wah and tuner.

The best part about the Helix is that, while the amp models don't sound and act completely like actual amps, they respond far better than transistor and diode stompboxes.

Less than $1200, and I don't even need an amp or a DI. This thing rocks.

Sent from my EVA-L19 using Tapatalk
    Originally posted by Myaccount876
    Attenuators are for pussies. Neighbors calling the cops isn't a problem - if the cops can actually still decipher the neighbor's complaint on the phone with the Marshall in the background, you're doing it wrong and it needs to be louder.

Re: NGD - Helix Content

Is that the new LT?
    Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

Originally posted by PFDarkside View Post
      Is that the new LT?
      Yeah, I preordered it after trying the full sized version.

It does feel lighter.

Attenuators are for pussies. Neighbors calling the cops isn't a problem - if the cops can actually still decipher the neighbor's complaint on the phone with the Marshall in the background, you're doing it wrong and it needs to be louder.

Comment

Originally posted by Archer250 View Post
        Yeah, I preordered it after trying the full sized version.

It does feel lighter.

Same processing power but with less of the other gunk that many players don't need (I/O's and such).
        Schecter ATX Blackjack C7 BKP Painkiller (B) and Abraxas (N)
        Hagstrom Hj800 Jazzbox stock pickups
        Fender Jazz Bass EMG MJ Set
        Music Man SUB Ray5 stock pickups
        Line 6 Helix
        Dunlop Strings and Picks

The opinions expressed above are my own and do not reflect normal levels of sanity.

Comment

One of those is on my list to check out when I find employment again.

Comment

That's terrific man. I'd love one of those.

Having a M13 already, I think I could get by with a Tech21 Fly Rig which I could pair with the M13 if I wanted to go wild.

Congrats!
            Epiphone LP Standard PlusTop Pro
            Ibanez SZ320 / A8 DD103 bridge.
            Ibanez RG270 / Screamin' Demon bridge.

Egnater Tweaker 15 Head / Laney Cub 8 / 2x12 - Celestion V30+K100
            Line 6 M13 and plenty of stompboxes I rarely use!

Comment

Be wary of thegear junkie that says the last one I'll ever need. LOL

www.CelticAmplifiers.com

"You can't save everybody, everybody don't wanna be saved."

Comment

Originally posted by Scott_F View Post
                Hahahahahahaha

Until the next modeler is released. I'm tired of lugging 15+ pedals everywhere

Comment

Originally posted by Scott_F View Post
                  Well I think with modelers, there's the unspoken "when there's a hardware upgrade, I'll get it." but I know that I've not really had the desire to buy any pedals since I switched to modelers either. Maybe a good fuzz pedal, because that's one thing Line 6 just cannot get right, but that's about it really.
                  Schecter ATX Blackjack C7 BKP Painkiller (B) and Abraxas (N)
                  Hagstrom Hj800 Jazzbox stock pickups
                  Fender Jazz Bass EMG MJ Set
                  Music Man SUB Ray5 stock pickups
                  Line 6 Helix
                  Dunlop Strings and Picks

The opinions expressed above are my own and do not reflect normal levels of sanity.

Comment

I am so done.

After spending a few hours tweaking the presets to my liking, including adding a parametric EQ block behind the amp sim model... IT SOUNDS ALMOST EXACTLY LIKE THE OLD GEAR I WAS USING, JUST MORE HI-FI AND DYNAMIC.

Comment

I hear ya. After having my Helix Rack for awhile I've all but abandoned my amp building aspirations and am about 85% sure I'm going to sell off most of my amps and stompboxes. It's that good. Granted, I'm still going to run through my tube poweramp when I run through speaker cabs for the time being, and maybe always will. But this is definitely a game changer for me.
                      Wanted: 1982 Gibson Les Paul Standard, Serial Number 82232531.

Comment

Nice, have fun with it! A Helix rack is the "brain" of my rack and I have zero regrets, flat out love the thing and it's killed nearly all amp and pedal GAS.
                        www.DAvanzoGuitars.com

Comment

I'm impressed by the processing power more than anything else.

I can have three amp models in one preset, switching each between snapshots.

Comment

Mondern modelers are really pretty extraordinary these days, especially the higher end ones.
                            Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Working...
                            X