Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How Dave Kilminster covers David Gilmour

Big difference from his 2010 board

Effects: MXR Micro Amp, MXR EVH 90, Boss BD-2 Blues Driver, Boss CE-5 Chorus, Boss DD-6 Digital Delay, Boss RT-20 Rotary Ensemble, Boss RV-5 Digital Reverb, T-Rex Replica Digital Delay

Definitely updated and upgraded!
    Last edited by frostopsy; 05-15-2017, 07:33 PM.

Comment

Re: How Dave Kilminster covers David Gilmour

Originally posted by jeremy View Post
      care to elaborate on the differences?
      Here's a thread I made...

https://forum.seymourduncan.com/show...ction-complete!

The Bonamassa is cool for guitars with hotter pickups, it was designed for Humbuckers, it works well with the hotter Strat pickups too, where other Germanium Fuzz Faces will start to splat out. Dark and Wooly but less bass than some other germaniums can be. The Hendrix is a well tuned silicon Fuzz Face, its got more mids and less Treble than the standard Silicon Fuzz Face. It sounds good with singles and humbuckers, much more attack and cut than the Bonamassa. The BOG, being a different circuit is a different animal. Almost bordering on Muff territory, the fuzz pot actually works in the entire range. It's got a nice full bass and cutting but not harsh treble. The online demos (like pro guitar shop) are super accurate for how it sounds and behaves.

Hope that helps a little.
      Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

Originally posted by frostopsy View Post
        Big difference from his 2010 board

Effects: MXR Micro Amp, MXR EVH 90, Boss BD-2 Blues Driver, Boss CE-5 Chorus, Boss DD-6 Digital Delay, Boss RT-20 Rotary Ensemble, Boss RV-5 Digital Reverb, T-Rex Replica Digital Delay

Definitely updated and upgraded!
        Thanks for posting that!
        Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

My photobucket pic needs to be clicked now, I found a slightly different one he tweeted with the blue Hendrix Fuzz instead of the BOG.

Seeing the show tomorrow night, 4th row.... pretty pumped! The set list looks great, 24 songs.
          Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

Dogs. That's what the Pitchfactor is for.

Everything sounded amazing...
            Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

nice! glad you got to see the show

Comment

How Dave Kilminster covers David Gilmour

Originally posted by PFDarkside View Post
                Dogs. That's what the Pitchfactor is for.

Everything sounded amazing...
                Glad you liked it!

I was lucky to have him as my teacher in 96 when I was in the UK for a few months. He had a much lighter gear but was already an incredible player. And a fun guy. He played mostly a Pink Paisley MIJ Tele IIRC.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                Last edited by Blille; 07-25-2017, 08:46 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Blille View Post
                  Glad you liked it!

I was lucky to have him as my teacher in 96 when I was in the UK for a few months. He had a much lighter gear but was already an incredible player. And a fun guy. He played mostly a Pink Paisley MIJ Tele IIRC.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                  Very cool! He seems like a cool guy.

Originally posted by Gearjoneser View Post
                  Every time I see overblown boards, I sense a pro tech behind the scenes.

I'm pretty sure a guy like him would naturally gravitate toward a fuzz, boost, vibe, delay, and his supreme skills. Then, someone comes in and builds it up bigger.
                  Gilmour probably started out the same way, then went nuts with gear thrown at him.

It's a fun dilemma, I'd imagine.

It's always fun to see the wah. Interesting that he went for a Cantrell. It's one that has a low/mid focus.
                  So I've gone back and watched rig rundowns of his last few gigs. As Frostopsy posted, his 2010 rig was pretty simple, then his 2011/2012 The Wall rig was bigger, but more specific. (Smaller electric board than before, but added a second acoustic board)

Then he toured with Steven Wilson, and that's where the GigRig & Strymon board comes in... he says he had 95 presets for that tour. Swapping a few items and reprogramming gets the board above. I guess once you have the Switcher board and understand it, it's a luxury you don't want to give up.

For The Wall his leads were a CC loaded Suhr, Riot pedal, Timefactor and sometimes a CE-5. It sounded great...
                  Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

Working...
                  X