Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please help with these pedals

Hi all

i've been doing some research on a bunch of pedals that would be suitable for Gilmour tones from various albums. I currently use a Fender champion 20 amp so it's quite a small amp and I've heard that that the big muff needs a larger amp to really open up. But I have looked at an alternative which is highly recommended for bedroom setups and smaller amps and it's called the "vick audio 73 rams head" and i personally think it sounds great. Would it be suitable for those distortion solo's on songs like comfortably numb and money? Secondly, I know gilmour used a phaser, univibe, but I want to get only one pedal that can cover songs like: shine on you, any colour you like, have a cigar, breathe and all the other "phasery univibey" type songs. I've looked at a demo of the dunlop rotovibe pedal and it really sounds like it is capable of covering all of those types of songs and especially any colour you like as i can really the watery type sound in it from the leslie speaker. Is the rotovibe pedal suitable for covering those types of songs and replacing the phaser?

Here are the links to the videos I found the demo's on:

Buy Now: https://goo.gl/xfUWyAThe Dunlop Rotovibe is a great effect pedal bringing forth classic vibe and chorus tones aplenty with no noise and a full frequ...

Here's my review of 73 Ram's Head from Vick Audio. Based on the classic Big Muff circuit this one's got an additional toggle switch for three different EQ mo...

Re: Please help with these pedals

Danny - we've had multiple threads where you're asking similar questions - can you tell us a little of what you're trying to achieve?

Are you trying to play these songs note for note at home for your own satisfaction?

Are you playing out live covering these songs (e.g. In a tribute band) and so aiming to be as faithful as possible?

Are you wanting to understand what DG used so that you can make similar sounds in your own recordings/performances.

You can help us help you much better by letting us know.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Thanks for you patience and I apologise for the threads as I am kind of finding it hard to explain.

I'm trying to achieve: finding the best pedals that can cover the types of songs as i mentioned above while playing those songs at home, playing in a band in a practice room and occasionally live in a hall. I want advice on whether the pedals I mentioned above can accurately replicate the effects and tones from the songs listed above, or if there are any other recommendations you may have. I don't want to buy loads of different pedals for each song, but i'd like a few pedals that could cover such a wide variety of those songs. (The price of each pedal doesn't really matter, I just don't have to buy a lot of them.)

Comment

Try search them used. That way you can try them out, and sell them if they don't work out without extra cost.
        "So understand/Don't waste your time always searching for those wasted years/Face up, make your stand/And realize you're living in the golden years"
        Iron Maiden - Wasted Years

Comment

Originally posted by Jacew View Post
          Try search them used. That way you can try them out, and sell them if they don't work out without extra cost.
          This is great advice, to which I'd add, buy the really cheap versions (Mooer, Tone City, the new cheaper TC Electronic) for around $50 - try them out, see which ones work then upgrade whichever of them don't give you enough of what you want.

Personally, on the rare times we do a Floyd classic live (usually Breathe/Time) my MXR Phase-90 is enough to get by - set really slow. If I have my Mini-Dejavibe out with me, I might use that, but it's usually in the studio.

Comment

This one looks worth a try sooner rather than later http://www.tcelectronic.com/blood-moon-phaser/

Comment

Originally posted by VinceT View Post
              This is great advice, to which I'd add, buy the really cheap versions (Mooer, Tone City, the new cheaper TC Electronic) for around $50 - try them out, see which ones work then upgrade whichever of them don't give you enough of what you want.
              There's a caveat that those cheap versions might be much harder to sell (I wouldn't call TC Electronic a cheap version of anything. They also sell very quickly). If you buy inexpensive quality stuff, you'll have much easier time reselling them later on. It's practically free to rotate pedals, if you don't have hurry and be careful what you buy.
              "So understand/Don't waste your time always searching for those wasted years/Face up, make your stand/And realize you're living in the golden years"
              Iron Maiden - Wasted Years

Comment

Working...
              X