Question about delay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about delay

I was just wondering if there is a way or a pedal to get a delay that like fades in on each repeat. Idk if I'm explaining like I have it in my head but basically you wouldn't hear the concussive "pick" sound. Almost like a delaying tremolo maybe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    guitars suck

Re: Question about delay

Originally posted by jayylmao View Post
    I was just wondering if there is a way or a pedal to get a delay that like fades in on each repeat. Idk if I'm explaining like I have it in my head but basically you wouldn't hear the concussive "pick" sound. Almost like a delaying tremolo maybe.
    Would a reverse delay do it?

Comment

Originally posted by Blille View Post
      Would a reverse delay do it?

Would you not hear the "pick" at the end instead? I have no idea

guitars suck

Comment

Absolutely I have 2 hotone delays. The EKO and the TAPE EKO. The tape eko has 3 different delays and in both of the pedals you can do exactly what you're asking. They are true bypass and only around $40 so its perfect. Very simple controls to operate

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320A using Tapatalk

Comment

Would you not hear the "pick" at the end instead? I have no idea
          You do but it doesn't sound like a pick since it's reversed.

Comment

Tc electronic flashback reverse mode

Comment

Idk if reverse delay is exactly what I'm thinking about. Try to think of a delay that swells in and out. I'll look into your suggestions though!! Thanks

guitars suck

Comment

I wonder if there is like a delay pedal with a loop that you could stick a tremolo pedal in. God damn rabbit holes

guitars suck

Comment

Question about delay

I wonder if there is like a delay pedal with a loop that you could stick a tremolo pedal in. God damn rabbit holes
                  Yes sir. Deluxe Memory Boy.

You could put a Slow Gears clone in the loop.

Comment

Originally posted by Blille View Post
                    Yes sir. Deluxe Memory Boy.

You could put a Slow Gears clone in the loop.

I have a BYOC Lazy Sprocket. It's a great effect into any sort of delay - into the Reverse mode on the Flashback, it sounds amazing!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

A ducking delay will do something like that. It's a touch sensitive delay that ramps up in volume as the delay trails kick in. Many delays have a duck, or ducking, or ducked (anything with in the name will do it) delay setting. Strymon has a good example of the sound on their site... http://www.strymon.net/weeks-preset-...h-sensitivity/
                      www.DAvanzoGuitars.com

Comment

^Yup. And analog delays tend to have less pick attack since it rolls off the high end each repeat vs being an exact copy. Also, try turning the delay down
                        TOUQUE ROCK...EH???? I AM CANADIAN

Comment

Like Kamanda~SD said, I find analog (or at least, analog voiced) delays have the softest and most 'diffuse' attack. Many high end super-delays will actually have a knob or setting called 'Diffusion' which kind of sucks the attack out of the note but leaves the trail. I was just listening to demoes for the Diamond Memory Lane Jr. and you'll notice that you can barely hear any attack, it's so subtle:

On a much cheaper and more reasonable recommendation, I really like the TC Electronic Flashback delay for that. Even on the 2290 setting which doesn't change your tone much, it still has a very subtle diffusion to the attack so it doesn't sound as in-your-face.
                          Originally posted by BigAlTheBird
                          I just got oiixed in the mung by a Canadian.

Timmy - 1
                          Andrew - None

Comment

I really like my Neunaber Expanse with the echo delay and wet reverb for this. Works great and then I can work in my Tech 21 DLA delay for added effect when needed.

Comment

Take a Vapor Trail, and stick an EQ (to get rid of the sharp attack- it is analog, so it isn't bad, though) and a volume pedal in the insert. You can 'fade' in delays all you want. I do this by setting up parallel chains in my Fractal, and routing the delay volume to an expression pedal- and ride that during solo playing. The Andromeda Delay varies the delay volume with pick attack, and includes some EQ to tailor the sound of the echoes, too.
                              Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Working...
                              X