My new pedalboard setup.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My new pedalboard setup.

Back in business writing for a band in the vein of Black Country Communion, Badlands, and Rival Sons.
    Getting plugged into the Bogner XTC/Marshall 2204/Fender Pro Reverb...or just Bogner mostly.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	20170508_210627.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	62.6 KB
ID:	5844383

Name:	20170508_210616.jpg
Size:	57.1 KB
ID:	5844361Click image for larger version

Name:	20170508_210457.jpg
Size:	62.0 KB
ID:	5844362Click image for larger version

Name:	20170508_210403.jpg
Size:	65.0 KB
ID:	5844363

Name:	20170508_210419.jpg
Size:	63.2 KB
ID:	5844364

Name:	20170508_210754.jpg
Size:	63.4 KB
ID:	5844365

Name:	20170508_214738.jpg
Size:	45.3 KB
ID:	5844366

Eric Johnson FF
    Dunlop Italian crinkle Jimi wah with Foxrox buffer.
    GoGo tuner.
    Klon Centaur.
    Way Huge Red Llama.
    Way Huge Overrated Special.
    T Rex Viper Vibe.
    Boss Harmonist (B3 organ fed into the Lex)
    Strymon Lex Rotary Stereo.
    T Rex Replica Delay.
    Last edited by Gearjoneser; 05-11-2017, 09:23 PM.
    Originally posted by Boogie Bill
    I've got 60 guitars...but 49 trumpets is just...INSANITY! WTF!

Re: My new pedalboard setup.

Sweet. Mostly Gibsons for this project?
    Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

I typically go between a variety of Gibsons and Fenders. My Dearmond M-75 is for slide in open G or D.

Comment

looks great. between the amp and pedals you have tons of different flavors of dirt. do you stack the drives or usually just one at a time?

Comment

I only stack them if I'm plugged into a clean amp. The Bogner already has so many gain options, that I'll probaby remove one of the OD pedals and replace it with an envelope filter or Octafuzz.

I shouldn't keep the Klon on there. I have less valuable pedals that can serve the same purpose.

Comment

thats part of the reason i dont have a klon. im not a collector so if i own it, id want to use it, but if you use the klon itll probably lose some value due to stage life. i know a few people who have them and use them regularly

Comment

Since you've got the FoxRox buffer, do you ever go Wah into Fuzz?
              (After I got mine, it's the only way I go)
              Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

The Wampler Tumnus is pretty good for that klon vibe. Sounds damn close and has a small footprint.

Do you use the Overrated Special with the Matchless? I think I have mine or less setup like yours (mid & tone control).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by PFDarkside View Post
                  Since you've got the FoxRox buffer, do you ever go Wah into Fuzz?
                  (After I got mine, it's the only way I go)
                  I've just begun listening to this Jimi wah with the EJ Fuzzface, so I'll be finding all it's sweet spots. There's always a likelihood of swapping out one or the other. I used the Fulltone Clyde Deluxe for a long time. Out of all the Dunlop Jimi signature wahs, this is the most authentic, so I want to give it some action.

As for OD's, I usually use them as boosts that impart their character on amps that are already at the gain level I need.

The Bogner Ecstasy is a very versatile amp, and I approach it like a substitute for three classic amps, whereas a strictly metal player would set it on the max gain side.

Mine is setup for an SRV clean tone, Paul Kossoff Plexi, Jerry Cantrell rhythm tone, then the boost or OD's takes them up a notch.

Comment

bro, you have a very admirable collection of toys. not sure if ive told ya that in a while

you said you are writing for a band. gigs coming up?

Comment

Nice.
                      I would set an Ecstasy on the verge of breakup and push it with a few select pedals.
                      Nowhere near as many as yours though.

Sent from my MotoE2(4G-LTE) using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by jeremy View Post
                        bro, you have a very admirable collection of toys. not sure if ive told ya that in a while

you said you are writing for a band. gigs coming up?
                        I met a rhythm section from a band that broke up, and am putting together new material plus some I used in past bands but updated.

I'm going to see if I can cut it as a singer this time around, but won't be sure until it develops further. A lot of people have told me I should step up to the plate and work to be comfortable in that role.

Comment

been there done that and it can be cool but gotta realize your limitations and find the best keys for things. the key you write a song in might not suit your vocal range, or at least ive found that to be the case. gotta be comfortable up there and gotta be able to do double duty. im still a work in progress but been doing it for a while now and the old adage is true

Comment

My reservations in the past about singing lead is that I've always sought out singers who could belt it out like Cornell, Robinson, and Paul Rogers.....raspy voices.
                            If I decide my voice fits the songs, I'll go for it. Quite often, a recognizable voice that listeners like means more than vocal virtuosity. Tom Petty, Neil Young, and Robben Ford all played to their strengths.

Comment

Nice! I may be rearranging and swapping my pedalboard soon. Thanks for the inspiration!

Bill
                              When you've had budget guitars for a number of years, you may find that your old instrument is holding you back. A quality guitar can inspire you to write great songs, improve your understanding of the Gdim chord while in the Lydian Mode, cure the heartbreak of cystic acne--and help you find true love in the process.

Comment

Working...
                              X