• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 12 pedal pedalboard power??

Recommendations to power 12 pedals??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    guitars suck

Re: 12 pedal pedalboard power??

Which 12 pedals? (Huge difference based on voltage and current requirements)
    Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

All 9v

guitars suck

Comment

Depending on draw, you could always daisy chain a couple off of an 8 port power supply. In that case it doesn't get much better than the Voodoo labs +2. On the cheap end I used an AGPtek 10 port in a similar fashion. The 8th port was 9v 500mA, so theoretically you could daisy chain 5 100mA pedals off the one port. Worked well. It's not truly isolated, but I never had any noise problems.

I have also heard good things about the BBE Supra charger. 8 ports, with two that run 200mA that you could chain depending on pedal draw. Much less than the Voodoo but more than the cheaper blocks. However it is true isolated. If I hadn't gotten a voodoo pedal board with their power supply, this is the best I've found for the money and 9v only.https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B001D...iTL&ref=plSrch
        Most 9v 100mA pedals only draw 50 or less mA, but your have to look up your pedals draw.
        Last edited by nsnate02; 05-11-2017, 10:54 AM.

Comment

Interesting stuff I'll have to look into it further and then find out exactly what I need.

guitars suck

Comment

Add up the milliamps...or just get 2 power supplies and break it up. You'll probably have room for more!
            Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

I was really considering getting a Truetone power supply, they claim to have a lot of current headroom and actually provide above what each output is rated which seems to be above the average of other power supplies. They now sell a nice mA meter to calculate the real current consumption of any pedal and really know exactly how much current you really need.

Last edited by IMENATOR; 05-11-2017, 08:21 AM.
              Who took my guitar?

Comment

Originally posted by jayylmao View Post
                All 9v

How many are digital?

On my personal board I use a Voodoo Lab Pedal Power 4x4. I keep Digital pedals on their own "channel" (Delays, Reverb, digital octave if I'm not using the supplied adapter) then daisy chain a few boosts/drives and pull anything that is noisy off on its own channel as well.

Depending on budget, the TruTone 12 channel looks interesting, as does the Dunlop ISO Brick. For the ultimate you have the Cioks Ciokolate and the Voodoo Mondo, but that's overkill for nearly everyone.
                Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

I'm using an MXR M-238 ISO-Brick for the higher draw pedals and a Truetone 1-Spot chained for the lesser amp 9V pedals. Pedal board changes so much I'm not going to keep rebuying power supplies based on the number of pedals to just have one box. I just add what is needed, and can split the board later when needed.

Comment

Originally posted by nsnate02 View Post
                    Depending on draw, you could always daisy chain a couple off of an 8 port power supply.
                    I completely agree. Check the millamps your pedals are using and daisy chain the ones with the lowest value on a multiport power supply, that way you can power even more than 12 pedals for sure (of course depending on their milliampere drawn, but most pedals don't use that much though, so in most cases you would be able to power more than 12 pedals that way).
                    "You can buy muscles (steroïds), but you can't buy "cojones". (quoted: Bas Rutten)

Comment

Working...
                    X