Pedal switcher with amp control?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pedal switcher with amp control?

Is there a pedal switcher out there with amp control built in?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    guitars suck

Re: Pedal switcher with amp control?

Originally posted by jayylmao View Post
    Is there a pedal switcher out there with amp control built in?

I use a Voodoo Labs GCX. If your amp uses standard TRS it'll work out of the box. If there's some fancy bull**** like mine has you may have to get a custom cable made. I did.

Comment

Originally posted by 2ndhandband View Post
      I use a Voodoo Labs GCX. If your amp uses standard TRS it'll work out of the box. If there's some fancy bull**** like mine has you may have to get a custom cable made. I did.
      Thanks I'll check it out

guitars suck

Comment

I'm looking more for something with presets as well. Sometimes I would need to make multiple pedal changes instantly

guitars suck

Comment

Basically I want the functionality of something like a boss GT-8 but with individual pedals

guitars suck

Comment

I'm looking more for something with presets as well. Sometimes I would need to make multiple pedal changes instantly

Well yes... it's fully programmable and midi controllable. I'm the same way... my rig has to be midi controlled. If I have to hit more than one button at a time I am going to trip on something.

Comment

Originally posted by 2ndhandband View Post
              Well yes... it's fully programmable and midi controllable. I'm the same way... my rig has to be midi controlled. If I have to hit more than one button at a time I am going to trip on something.
              Ok cool I was just looking it over. Guess I should watch a video on it

guitars suck

Comment

Damn this **** is so expensive XD. Going to end up costing me almost 2 grand to build what I have in mind

guitars suck

Comment

Ok cool I was just looking it over. Guess I should watch a video on it

They're not cheap but they're worth it. Aside from using it as a channel switcher and to handle the few pedals I keep in the rack, when I bring my A rig I use it to switch between the preamp in my head and a custom one in my rack.

Comment

I'm just having a hard time justifying straying from my gt-8 because it already does everything I want and the cost of building a new set up.

guitars suck

Comment

I'm just having a hard time justifying straying from my gt-8 because it already does everything I want and the cost of building a new set up.

Maybe, but there's way better sounding stuff out there than that GT-8. Consider finding a used rackmount multi-FX for your time-based stuff... it's a lot less money and more flexible than pedals. Then in front of the amp just have your comp/boost/OD/wah/whatever which can be controlled by the GTX. It'll be a much more flexible and probably better-sounding rig.

I have a you-know-what for one of these but holy hell are they pricey:

Comment

I'm not sure what you have in mind but I'm using a TCE G system for my setup, it has 4 loops for different drive pedals, built in effects that are pretty good and has midi or trs switching for amp controls.

It's a whole lot of stuff but it does what I need and has hundreds of presets, lots of features and fully programmable. I got my still in box new for $600.

Comment

Originally posted by allstarrme View Post
                          I'm not sure what you have in mind but I'm using a TCE G system for my setup, it has 4 loops for different drive pedals, built in effects that are pretty good and has midi or trs switching for amp controls.

It's a whole lot of stuff but it does what I need and has hundreds of presets, lots of features and fully programmable. I got my still in box new for $600.
                          Sounds more up my ally

guitars suck

Comment

You got a link for info on that?

guitars suck

Comment

Some people seem to have had significant buffering issues with the G System. That was as of a few years ago so I don't know if it was ever resolved. I like the concept of the G System, and I wish there were some more options out there that offered 4 wire hookup. It's THE reason I keep having my old Lexicon MPX G2s repaired.
                              Last edited by 2ndhandband; 05-12-2017, 10:10 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X