Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Pedal switcher with amp control?

Joyo pxl Pro and PXL Live.

The Pro unit has 4 TRS jacks for switching channels and internal effects. The Live unit has 2 TRS and Midi.

Can be had for less than $200 U.S. On eBay. Programable too.

Great option if your on a budget.

Comment

Id be skeptical of the Joyo units and sound quality.... all of these switchers use similar, but also differing loop switching technology.

Comment

They should all be relays, which removes the everything from the circuit. Of course, if there are buffers we don't know the quality.
        Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

I have the Joyo PXL Pro. No issues at all.

But, definitely do your research and get what has the features that are most important to you. Only things I wish the Joyo had was more loops, more than 4 patches per bank and the ability to change pedal order without having to retire the board. Does everything else I needed.

I think there is a buffered input, but the loops themselves are true bypass.

Comment

For the money, the Joyos are a huge value.
            Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

Originally posted by ThisDyingSoul76 View Post
              I have the Joyo PXL Pro. No issues at all.

But, definitely do your research and get what has the features that are most important to you. Only things I wish the Joyo had was more loops, more than 4 patches per bank and the ability to change pedal order without having to retire the board. Does everything else I needed.

I think there is a buffered input, but the loops themselves are true bypass.
              I have the same switcher (that I found out about from your post about getting it I believe) and it works great for my purposes, I don't notice a difference in tone from going strait in to the pedal or the input of the switcher, I really wanted a switcher to stop tap dancing but always found most the switchers far beyond my means in price.
              sigpic
              Warmoth Split Jazzmaster (Zhangbucker Crushbucker UOA5 splat, Cherrick tapped)
              Dunlop Crybaby
              MXR Custom Comp
              GFS Twin Overdrive
              Boss BD-2 Bluesdriver
              Blackstar HT-DISTX
              Seymour Duncan 84-40 (Weber Grey Wolf Light Dope)

Comment

They really are great switchers for the price.

I'd like one with a buffered loop or 2 that preserve dray and reverb trails. Unfortunately that feature is not available on pedal switchers in the Joyo price range. Not sure why. I can't see that whatever difference in his this is achieved us that much more costly than true bypass or standard buffers.

I'm sure if I looked hard enough there must be someone who has done a mod to make it possible.

Comment

Cool I'll look into that joyo switcher

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                  guitars suck

Comment

get something like the JHS lil black buffer and throw it in front o fthe input into the Joyo looper.... I use this buffer after my wah when using other amps and putting my board straight through the front, sounds great.

Comment

Working...
                    X