Replacing the Lexicon... any ideas?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Replacing the Lexicon... any ideas?

Yah, the four wire arrangement was what originally sold me on the G2. It was a step up from using the Intellifex for my reverbs & programmable delays, and it let me eliminate two half-rack Boss units too. Just couldn't give up that luscious chorus, though.
    "You should know better by now than to introduce science into a discussion of voodoo."

Comment

Originally posted by 2ndhandband View Post
      What you're missing is those older delays had a SOUND. The TC2290 for instance... why do you think people hung onto those for so long? What made that thing great wasn't the digital circuitry, it was the ANALOG circuitry.
      Which means it introduced noise and distortion into the signal.

What you're missing is you can model that EXACT sound into these units.

If you follow Digital Audio Workstations and plugins, you will see you can get plugins that exactly emulate old analog units. Even tape echos, and stomp boxes.

So you can get that tone and a lot more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
        Yeah, I believe it. Still not enough to change what I do, but I believe it and really understood that as I 'decided' I wanted to play music for a living. For people like me, who see playing in a cover band no different than any other non-music-related job, it is certainly difficult. I realize trying to do your own thing doesn't have immediate external rewards/validation.
        But I don't think I'd want it any other way.
        I ended up making the opposite choice in 2002. I was in an original metal band that over the course of five hard years had worked our way up to playing cover band clubs for cover band money. Then we very nearly got a major label record deal, and when that fell through it basically destroyed the band. I was 28 years old by that point and with my window of opportunity for becoming a rock star diminishing by the day I had a choice to make: accept an opportunity to join a cover band that was playing a five state area, or get a job. I chose to play my guitar.

Comment

Working...
        X