Electro-Harmonix East River Drive vs Seymour Duncan 805

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Electro-Harmonix East River Drive vs Seymour Duncan 805

Thoughts? The East River is basically a direct clone of the od808, but it's true bypass. They sound nearly identical. The 805 is close, but uses a different op amp. Which one for tightening high gain stuff?
    EBMM Monarchy Majesty 6 Purple (DiMarzio Sonic Ecstasies)
    Jackson Soloist AT Indigo Storm HT6 (BKP Juggernauts)
    Jackson Soloist Slime Green FR6 (Duncan Custom B/59B N)
    Fender MIM Fat Strat Sunburst (Stock)
    PRS Archon
    Line 6 Helix -> Powerstage

Re: Electro-Harmonix East River Drive vs Seymour Duncan 805

Can't go wrong with the East River, especially for the price. I really like mine.
    Originally posted by crusty philtrum
    ...Gimme a call when it's time to take 'em out. I don't have a gun, but i have a very sharp pointy stick and enough negativity to take out a small country...
    Originally posted by Securb
    The only blackmachine I care about is sitting in my jeans.

Comment

If you are up for it, I would also concider building your own pedal. For example get a TS808-clone kit, solder in an IC-socket so you can just try different op-amps in it without any soldering, it's just plug and play without soldering if you put a socket into it! You can also try different clipping diodes and see what you like best, with a simple switch you can also add both symetrical and asymetrical clipping and so on... Fun way to discover the tones you are after, and to learn a great deal about OD's.

For example, General Guitar Gadgets sells a nice kit that I like a lot (link is to the info page, you can buy it in the shop section of the website):

You can also just get the PCB and get the components yourself, that way you can save some money!
      "You can buy muscles (steroïds), but you can't buy "cojones". (quoted: Bas Rutten)

Comment

I will always go for the one with the 3 band active EQ. The 805 sounds more open, and has more of a gain range, too, so I'd think it would be better at working with a bigger variety of amps.
        Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

I agree on the EQ, it makes tailoring it to your rig so much better!
          Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

Have the ERD and it's great but I'd love to have the 805 for the EQ

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
            X