banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Empress heavy vs SD palladium vs deizel VH4 OD or?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Empress heavy vs SD palladium vs deizel VH4 OD or?

So far after watching a lot of videos and reading a lot of reviews. These 3 are the main ones I am looking at to replace the BE-OD. The main problem is I can't play any of them first. I mainly need it for a good high gain that is versatile. With a few tweaks I need to go from sludgy COC and mastodon tones up to modern metal.

Re: Empress heavy vs SD palladium vs deizel VH4 OD or?

I owned the Heavy. I don't think it will do what you are looking for. Have you checked out the Bogner Uberschall pedal?
    Why don't you take your little Cobra Kais and get outta here?!
    My collaborative PROGRESSIVE ROCK PROJECT, As Follows.

Comment

I had one of the Uberschall pedals few years back. But I'm not sure if something was wrong with it or what. It was very weak sounding without much dirt to it. I will look into one again though. I have been curious about the bogner red and blue pedals as well.

Comment

the only one i have experience with is the palladium and i am not a metal guy so take this for what its worth but its got tons of gain and is very versatile. four band eq with sweepable mids gives a wide range of tons and the boost, gain and resonance let you tailor the distortion to your liking. it took me a little to get used to how gain and resonance work together to shape the distortion but once you get used to it its pretty badass

Comment

Yeah, I can't imagine you couldn't get the sound you want (and a lot more) out of the Palladium. Buy from a good dealer with a generous return policy, and check it out for the 30-45 days they will let you. Most gear I buy these days I can't try out first. Some I send back, but most I keep. Trying it out with your gear in your home is a better test than trying in the store, anyway.
          Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

I like all the option on the palladium. It seems very versatile.

Comment

I haven't tried the heavy yet but it sounds more like a one trick pony than the others. I have a palladium on the way, so I can report on it soon.

The bogner uberschall is good but it doesn't have nearly as much gain as the real amp, the bogner xtc red has much more gain available and sounds great at a variety of settings.

The diezel and bogner blue are on my list too.

Comment

Working...
              X