Anyone try JMS Pedals?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone try JMS Pedals?

Anyone ever try these pedals? Appears to be similar to Hotone and Mooer.

Re: Anyone try JMS Pedals?

Never even heard of them, appears to be similar to donner.

Sometimes cheap is not always the best option. Honestly, it depends on what your looking for, what the purpose is, how will you be using it and in what context (self, band, gig).
    Originally posted by grumptruck
    No I think James and Dave have that covered. You are obviously rocking way to hard.
    Originally posted by Gear Used
    PRS CE 22 (Custom 5 / 59)
    Gibson Les Paul (Screaming Demon / Pearly Gates)
    Mesa Stiletto Ace
    Gurus 5015
    Mesa Widebody 1X12
    Pedalboard

Comment

I go the pedal in last week, a Kudzu Overdrive–supposed to be a Dumble style pedal.

I will say it sounds really good, using it as more of a Boost than an Overdrive pedal.

Comment

Circuits are easy to copy. Getting pedals that sound the same at various price points is not overly difficult (though like guitars, they may be close to each other but still vary a bit). Usually corners are cut in the components, which leads to noisy pedals. How is the noise floor on the JMS?

Comment

Originally posted by beaubrummels View Post
          Circuits are easy to copy. Getting pedals that sound the same at various price points is not overly difficult (though like guitars, they may be close to each other but still vary a bit). Usually corners are cut in the components, which leads to noisy pedals. How is the noise floor on the JMS?
          I totally agree on the noise point–had a Joyo US Dream (Surh Riot Copy) that really nailed the overall tone of the Riot but was a much noisier pedal.

The JMS is actually pretty quiet. I will try to get a quick clip up sometime soon.

But, all of my guitars have Bill Lawrences in them, so hardly any noise no matter what I plug them through (was using a Fat 50s Strat and a Pearly Gate/Phat Cat Strat combo at the time I had the US Dream.)

Comment

Recorded two short clips through my iPhone, you will pardon the noise as I think my iRig adapter is going out (and has never been too quiet anyways as it goes through the headphone jack.)

Bridge

Neck

Comment

Working...
            X