MXR Univibe vs Hendrix Univibe vs Dunlop Rotovibe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MXR Univibe vs Hendrix Univibe vs Dunlop Rotovibe

I'm trying to expand my pedalboard and I am looking at these three pedals. Is there any difference between the MXR M68 Univibe and the Hendrix Univibe? How different are they from the rotovibe aside from the swelling ability?

Re: MXR Univibe vs Hendrix Univibe vs Dunlop Rotovibe

I would like to know this, too...the most Lesile -like of all of them.
    Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Fulltone Deja-Vibe. I have the mini 2, and I love it.

Comment

Originally posted by frostopsy View Post
        Fulltone Deja-Vibe. I have the mini 2, and I love it.
        Doesn't really answer the question, but I've heard great things about that pedal.

Comment

Originally posted by Seamus McFlanery View Post
          Doesn't really answer the question, but I've heard great things about that pedal.
          Right... but it is basically the same thing. So I thought it was worth it to note the pedal. Robin Trower has been using different variations of the Fulltone for years, you could probably check out his latest music (live or recorded) and compare it to his older stuff where he used a vintage univibe.

Sorry if it wasn't a direct response, but maybe it will help you in your quest.

Comment

Originally posted by frostopsy View Post
            Right... but it is basically the same thing. So I thought it was worth it to note the pedal. Robin Trower has been using different variations of the Fulltone for years, you could probably check out his latest music (live or recorded) and compare it to his older stuff where he used a vintage univibe.

Sorry if it wasn't a direct response, but maybe it will help you in your quest.

Funny enough after finding out what I could about the two, I etched them both off my list and went with the Fulltone. LOL.

Comment

So, out of curiosity,
              I have a VooDoo Lab Micro Vibe. I was told here (before there was a pedal forum) that the micro vibe was as good or the same as the MXR Roto Vibe.
              Are these both considered by the in the know pedal people as "not as good" or no opinion, never tried?
              Just thought I'd ask, as this is the place. I am not liking mine very much these days.
              SJB

Comment

what are you not liking about it? i remember the voodoo lab sound pretty good

Comment

Jeremy -
                  It has a little "fuzz tone" sound about it. With my guitar sparkling clean, I do get "Uni-Vibe" sound but it is no longer clean.
                  It has a grit to it that is nowhere near clean (after listening to a lot of univibe clean samples on Hendrix, Trower records) I know the originals are quite different, but maybe the newer ones like the Fulltone which I still need to check out, are better than a micro. Is it the "optical" parts in it like some wahs have? I am way over my head here on pedal make-up and all the parts that go into them. I know how stupid I sound, but have never opened one up except for putting a battery in or seeing a Fasel Inductor in a wah.
                  Steve Buffington

Comment

Read the full interview in Guitarist 413Subscribe for more from Guitarist: http://goo.gl/2PRXE Buy Guitarist magazine in print and digital forms: http://www....

Get the Fulltone Custom Shop MDV-3 here: http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/miniDeja3/Need awesome, authentic Uni-Vibe sounds in a single-pedal size? The...

The MDV Mini DejaVibe from Fulltone gives you the vintage experience of a '60s Univibe-you can't get more accurate than exact. The Mini DejaVibe delivers tha...

Comment

Originally posted by jeremy View Post
                      what are you not liking about it? i remember the voodoo lab sound pretty good
                      Yeah I really dig the sounds I get out of the Voodoo Lab. but I never play super clean

Comment

Working...
                      X