NEW DELAY PEDAL DAY!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NEW DELAY PEDAL DAY!!!

Well Saturday anyway. I tried and failed to talk myself out of buying a Strymon Timeline. This thing is awesome, I tried to come up with a few settings last night, but everything sounds great, and it's a bit overwhelming.
    I'm at work so a pic for proof of purchase when I get home.
    Big props to Sweetwater, ordered it at 2:20 pm Friday, the salesman gave me express shipping for the price of standard ground, and it showed up at my place by 2pm Saturday. Granted, I only live about 3hrs away from their warehouse
    sigpic
    Gibson LP Trad Pro II->Various pedals->MEsa Boogie MkV->Owensby/219 Guitar Works Vertical Slant 2x12 w/WGS ET-65 and Veteran 30.

Re: NEW DELAY PEDAL DAY!!!

Yeah they get'r'done on the shipping. Last year my steel snare from SW was here in well under 24hrs.,,,but I'm only a few hours away also.
    Will be curious to hear your opinions after having some time with it.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	20170605_161222.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	132.4 KB
ID:	5800550
      Click image for larger version

Name:	20170605_161226.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	105.3 KB
ID:	5800551

Still have a few pedals missing, probably adding Nano Big Muff and either Paisley Drive or OCD
      sigpic
      Gibson LP Trad Pro II->Various pedals->MEsa Boogie MkV->Owensby/219 Guitar Works Vertical Slant 2x12 w/WGS ET-65 and Veteran 30.

Comment

That Strymon looks pretty awesome!! Looks like it has a lot of features, so I can only imagine how overwhelming it might have been at first. I had a Boss DD-6 a long time ago and I really liked that.

Kind of off topic, but that Rocktron Noise Reducer looks cool as well, what are your thoughts on that? Once again I used a Boss product for my application there as well.
        Nice array of effects on your board BTW!
        87 Kramer Pacer Deluxe, 87 Kramer Pacer Imperial, 88 Kramer Nightswan, 83 Kramer V, 88 Kramer F3000, 87 Charvel Model-3, Charvel Jake mutt, > into some rack stuff.

Comment

Congrats! I love mine, it'll do nearly everything I could imagine for Delay tones. Enjoy hunting for interesting tones and textures...
          Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

Can it's 30 second loop be used at the same time you're using some delay tones on the leads played over the loop?

Comment

Originally posted by dave74 View Post
              Can it's 30 second loop be used at the same time you're using some delay tones on the leads played over the loop?
              Yes I believe it can
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by metalchurch79 View Post
                That Strymon looks pretty awesome!! Looks like it has a lot of features, so I can only imagine how overwhelming it might have been at first. I had a Boss DD-6 a long time ago and I really liked that.

Kind of off topic, but that Rocktron Noise Reducer looks cool as well, what are your thoughts on that? Once again I used a Boss product for my application there as well.
                Nice array of effects on your board BTW!
                I would say that the Rocktron doesn't quiet the noise as much, but it doesn't have as much of a negative effect on the tone either. It seemed like my Boss really dampened the tone, like throwing a blanket over the cab. One day I will have to dig my Boss out of m closet and more thoroughly compare the two side by side
                sigpic

Comment

That's kinda what I was thinking you were gonna say, and that's why I quit using the NS-2 honestly. Been casually looking around at a replacement that's why I asked. Thank you

Edit: I'd be interested in your thoughts on a side by side, that's actually a good idea.
                  87 Kramer Pacer Deluxe, 87 Kramer Pacer Imperial, 88 Kramer Nightswan, 83 Kramer V, 88 Kramer F3000, 87 Charvel Model-3, Charvel Jake mutt, > into some rack stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by dave74 View Post
                    Yes. You can use one Delay sound on the loop, then another sound over it. It's far easier to control with a separate controller though, either the Strymon one, or any MIDI controller. Then you have easy access to all the looper functions and delay presets.
                    Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

Working...
                    X