Pickup booster question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pickup booster question

Hi. I'm considering getting a duncan pickup booster pedal.

The reason i'm considering this pedal:

I own a strat style with low output lollar pickups which i love but unfortunately, with my mini jubilee, it makes legato runs near impossible.

Would the pickup booster be a way of addressing this problem? Or would the said problem not really be what such a pedal would be used for?

Please let me know your thoughts!
    Ty!

Re: Pickup booster question

It wound make the guitar louder. So it would be like higher output pickups, while retaining their tone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Also, can someone tell me if this pedal should be ran infront of the amp or through fx loop?

I'd think infront of the amp, but wouldn't hurt if someone could confirm that

Thanks!

Comment

Thank you, david!

Comment

usually in front of an amp, yes. i dont see any reason you couldnt use it in the loop but in front is how it was designed

Comment

Ok cool! Ty guys!

Comment

Nothing like a clean boost through the front, especially for singles. Though what am I saying, hums sound good through one too!

Sent from my MotoE2(4G-LTE) using Tapatalk

Comment

For your use, I'd also engage one of the resonance switches for a little extra girth.

To answer your other question, you absolutely can run a Pickup Booster in the effects loop (I know someone who does), but it isn't what you want. When used like that, you'll end up with a huge boost in volume and no extra gain.
                Originally posted by crusty philtrum
                And that's probably because most people with electric guitars seem more interested in their own performance rather than the effect on the listener ... in fact i don't think many people who own electric guitars even give a poop about the effect on a listener. Which is why many people play electric guitars but very very few of them are actually musicians.

Comment

The resonance switch will help those legato runs. The boost itself will cause the input of the amp to compress the signal, and add sustain, too. I think your application is exactly what it was designed for.
                  Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
                    The resonance switch will help those legato runs. The boost itself will cause the input of the amp to compress the signal, and add sustain, too. I think your application is exactly what it was designed for.
                    +1

I just put my Pickup Booster back on my board for the first time in about a decade. It's in the 'clean' loop in my switcher; I have it just above minimum boost with the resonance switch set to 1. I use it for a little extra volume when playing a clean-ish lead.
                    Originally posted by crusty philtrum
                    And that's probably because most people with electric guitars seem more interested in their own performance rather than the effect on the listener ... in fact i don't think many people who own electric guitars even give a poop about the effect on a listener. Which is why many people play electric guitars but very very few of them are actually musicians.

Comment

Working...
                    X